20 lbs lost within 2 weeks

Options
Hello, I'm speaking to whomever experienced this and not to the naysayers..I don't want to hear how unhealthy it is, I'm just speaking to people that have accomplished this naturally on their own without surgery .. Please detail exactly what you did.. I really would like to hear from people that lost this much quickly on their own and not because of medical issues...Thanks in advance

Replies

• Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It seems very unlikely. I know you don't want to hear from naysayers and I don't blame you! But that's 10lbs per week. I'm in a big deficit, eating 1200 calories per day (really more when you factor in exercise calories) and working out. I'm averaging 10lbs a month. And I am pretty strict. I couldn't even imagine losing that quickly. I don't think that is even possible. You could get a whoosh of water weight coming off, but even then I don't know if it would be 20 pounds. I once lost close to that in about that time. I had undiagnosed hyperthyroidism and I had been ignoring the obvious symptoms . When it got to that level of weight loss I was extremely ill, on the verge of a heart attack. Please be careful with whatever you do!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Ddonna82 wrote: »
    Like I said l would really like to hear from someone that has actually lost that much or close to it.. If there's someone out there that have accomplished this, I would love to hear from you.. I'm obese and have a lot to loose so I would love to hear from someone who has been able to do this..

You're not gonna get that. People are just trying to help you see that and be realistic. There is some great advice on this site, from lots of folks who want you to succeed the right way!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    When I started here, I was also obese. I lost a fair amount starting out the first couple of weeks because of water weight, but it definitely wasn't 20 pounds. I'm afraid it's not possible.
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think this is possible in two ways- you're completely sick and not eating because you're too sick. Or your fasting or juicing to the point that you are losing a *kitten* ton of weight that you will immediately gain back when you eat food again. Not healthy and nearly impossible. I wouldn't try it. I have lost 10 lbs in a month before and it entailed working out everyday and strictly sticking to my calorie allowance.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Ddonna82 wrote: »
    Like I said l would really like to hear from someone that has actually lost that much or close to it.. If there's someone out there that have accomplished this, I would love to hear from you.. I'm obese and have a lot to loose so I would love to hear from someone who has been able to do this..

You're not hearing from someone who has done it because it is quite literally impossible, unless your TDEE is either more than 5000 calories a day, and you restrict to VLCD levels, or your TDEE is in the ballpark of 6200, and you drop to 1200 calories.

Can you lose water weight? Maybe. But that's a ton of water weight, and it's all going to come back.
This discussion has been closed.