6 dangerous weight loss methods

Options
ajbeans
ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
Found a good article this morning on 6 dangerous things you should never do to lose weight. I've seen all of these methods represented in some fashion on these boards, sometimes in combination. Please read this with an open mind, and if you do any of these things, make sure to speak with your doctor to keep yourself safe and healthy.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-dangers

I do not intend for this thread to turn into a debate, but it probably will. Please be civil and kind to one another.

Replies

• CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    bump
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    bump for reading later
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bump not at computer will have to read later
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • csoul27
    csoul27 Posts: 53
    Options
    Good info. Bottom line diet AND excercise is what will help with weight loss. If it were really that easy to take a pill we would all be skinny.
  • deebuttersnaps
    Options
    bump. thanks for posting.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yeah I see lots of people with VERY low calorie targets and it's just not safe!

Whatcanyado
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    Bump...
  • EvyMaria
    Options
    bump
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    thanks for that, an interesting read, mostly common sense but it's good to see it in black and white.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    good article...thanks for posting!
  • cdubz1991
    cdubz1991 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That was a really good article! I think everyone who is dieting for the first time should read that. I also think that MFP should have a calorie minimum...
  • ajbeans
    Options
    That was a really good article! I think everyone who is dieting for the first time should read that. I also think that MFP should have a calorie minimum...

They do. It's 1200. But that doesn't stop people from eating far under that goal.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do know a few folks who use these methods and it's a choice. I would not make any choices that would not enhance my life. It is a good article to plant seeds...

BUMP!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This is and interesting article I think that many things mentioned on there are relevant to Mfp, one point that bugs the he'll out of me is when people go on "detox" it's silly your body processes what is taken in and then gets rid of the things it doesnt need there for detoxing itself!!!!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    thanks for that, an interesting read, mostly common sense but it's good to see it in black and white.

It's not really common sense. Most people don't understand health and weight loss, and they're just looking to get skinny quick. If it's common sense to you, that's because you learned to think about weight loss in a healthy way, but not everyone is so fortunate. :(
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great article and oh so true! Quick fixes of any kind are never the answer. The only way to lose weight for good is through moderation in eating and exercise. EXCELLENT POST! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Blessings!!
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    great :) thanks for posting :)
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

It's not really common sense. Most people don't understand health and weight loss, and they're just looking to get skinny quick. If it's common sense to you, that's because you learned to think about weight loss in a healthy way, but not everyone is so fortunate. :(

You know, you're exactly right, although if people can use the internet to learn about unhealthy, lose-weight-quick schemes, you'd think they could use it to educate themselves on the healthy way to do it. :)
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Jacksonsmomma2211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great information here...Thanks for the post.