Need keto friends

Options
I have been doing keto for almost 3 months. Currently I am down 43lbs. Don't really have a goal weight, just going to keep going until I feel like I'm happy and healthy. Will probably be another 40-60lbs. I have struggled with my weight all my life. Have lost weight, put it back on over and over again. Dieting never worked for me. I have horrible will power. That is one of the biggest reasons why I love keto. If you cheat it will kick you out of ketosis. Also I don't crave sweets anymore, which has always been my problem. Looking for others who are on the keto way of eating or even others who are wanting to start but don't know how or need support. I'm not some keto expert but I've done my fair share of research and know a good amount and consider myself good at support and advice. Even if you aren't doing keto but looking for some friends, add me

Replies

• Ketomilly1
    Ketomilly1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie.... I am back full force on Keto.... this needs and will be my way a life. I would love a friend !
    Yvonne
  • NeeneVa
    NeeneVa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, I have a story similar to yours and would love new friends. Dieting only works for me for short periods of time and I always gain the weight back plus some. The older I get, the tougher it has been. I am fairly new to the Keto WOE but have been trying to stick to it for the past 40 days. Picked a tough time of year to start :-) I lost 12 pounds in the first two weeks but not having the same success since. About 2 more pounds over the last 3-4 weeks. Trying not to get discouraged, but I am also not sure that I am doing it correctly either :-) I need to lose another 50 pounds or more.
  • stephanie5505
    stephanie5505 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I'm the last 3 months there has been a few times I'll go a week or so without losing and yes it is very discouraging but before I knew it I'd start losing again. Have you gotten any keto strips? Since you've lost the 12lbs have you recalculated your macros? Just keep going, it'll pick back up in no time.
  • foreverminexoxo
    foreverminexoxo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 11/26/17 and I'm down 20lbs...I star love this WOE and I hope to continue this for the long run! Add me if you'd like
  • rinklesteen
    rinklesteen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started keto yesterday... and have woken up feeling so extremely nauseous... zero energy and super sleepy... is this normal? My friends have all tried keto and the results have been amazing... I really want to give it a good try but I feel super gross?! Any advise? Pretty please?
  • KRmurrish
    KRmurrish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @rinklesteen that normal for awhile. They call it keto flu lol I tried keto once before and just didnt do well. I later found out all the dairy wasnt good for PCOS, which I have. I'm trying it again with way less dairy and hopefully will do better. Today is day one for me!
  • dbeaulieu1991
    dbeaulieu1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me! Day 5 of keto and so happy with my progress! Hubby is doing it too and it’s finally a realistic way to drop the weight and still manage Life!
  • stephanie5505
    Options
    Feeling like crap in the first week is normal. Try getting some poweraide zero to help with electrolytes. Also drink lots of water. Give it a few days and you will go from feeling like crap to having amazing amounts of energy and just feeling great. And once you get over the "keto flu" as long as you don't cheat you will never feel like that again.
  • russb_
    russb_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    On my second week, had the worst Keto flu feeling today after a workout. That mind fog is no joke!
  • musthavesun
    musthavesun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started yesterday. How are you breaking down your macros?
  • Selendraco
    Selendraco Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just started! I need keto friends too.
  • Selendraco
    Selendraco Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I started keto yesterday... and have woken up feeling so extremely nauseous... zero energy and super sleepy... is this normal? My friends have all tried keto and the results have been amazing... I really want to give it a good try but I feel super gross?! Any advise? Pretty please?

Well usually that would be keto flu, but it's usually not happening one day into it.
  • bakersdozen56
    bakersdozen56 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends been doing this diet for a little over two months down 35 pounds
  • sunshinetami
    sunshinetami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started Keto today. I can't seem to get my fats up higher without adding too many carbs. My carbs are saying that I'm over, but I don't think it accounts for net carbs. I'm mostly protein right now, then fats, then carbs.
  • stephanie5505
    Options
    There is a macro calculator I use. Im not sure what the website is at this moment, should be able to Google it. But after every 10-15lbs I redo it to get new numbers. Also count net carbs, minus the fiber from the carbs and what you have left over is your net carbs. I know that was confusing when I first started. I stay under 20 net carbs, the less the better. If you're struggling to get fat in make fat bombs. Lots of good recipes online. And make sure you don't go over your protein, it can kick you out of ketosis.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am doing great on Keto, feel free to add me.
  • jessicalr52
    jessicalr52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to start Keto next week and will love help
  • lovelytlv
    lovelytlv Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    We started KETO a week ago and hope to be as successful. My goal is to lose 60lbs. How do you add?
  • nikdelhi
    nikdelhi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lost 14kgs with Keto in past 4 months
  • masti2100
    masti2100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first day on Keto. Hope this is it. Frustrated with weight not coming off with other diets.