Question: What if you can't eat anymore?

Options
I have faithfully recorded my food. according to my tracker, I haven't eaten enough. I am literally full and do not want to eat anymore but my tracker says this is unhealthy. What to do?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    look at higher calorie foods like @lorrpb said
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have faithfully recorded my food. according to my tracker, I haven't eaten enough. I am literally full and do not want to eat anymore but my tracker says this is unhealthy. What to do?

If this is unusual, bank those calories for tomorrow. One day is no big deal.

If it happens often, double check that you are logging accurately, and if you are and aren't eating enough, eat more calorie dense foods.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    it happened to me only a couple times I went and had a spoon of peanut butter only because my protein was also low that day . if you know you are eating enough to sustain you do not worry about 1 day . if you may not have had as much as you really should have a snack before bed . It is all about staying at a healthy deficit not simply pleasing the app
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    One day it's not an issue, if you find it happening a lot, check how precise your logging is, what do the scales say re rate of loss and if it's too high, there's a list of high calorie nutrient dense foods you can do a search for on the forums, you could also drink some of your calories
  • counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    This has literally never happened to me. Ever.

JerSchmare wrote: »
    I don’t really have that problem. And, I can’t relate to it. At all.

This is a mythical phenomenon that only happens in MFP land..

OP are you weighing your food or using cups/tablespoons and/or guesstimating?

It happened to me. (I was on medication that has nasty side effects.) About three months later a third of my hair fell out. I don't recommend it. A day or two here or there won't hurt you though.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry don't eat. Once in a while, that's not the end of the world. Continued loss of appetite can indicate a medical problem, but some days, I am just not as hungry. I always make myself eat 1000 calories because of my medical history, but I don't always make myself eat 1600 calories. I can bank that for another day when I am really hungry.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options

Could you give more details or open your diary? What on earth are you eating that is putting you into the "unhealthy" caloric intake range and is filling you up that much. You aren't on that Kale + Kale and more Kale Diet are you?
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, if you aren't weighing your solid food and using measuring cups and spoons for liquids, you may be eating more than you think.

If you are weighing and measuring appropriately, and this is something that doesn't occur all the time, it's probably not a big deal. If it occurs all the time, you probably aren't accurately measuring your intake or you should see your doctor.

It's worth remembering that none of us gained weight to begin with by being full at 1000 calories per day, so if you are full on 1000 calories a day, something else is going on.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don’t understand how that’s even possible
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You’re probably miscalculating your calories. Or waiting too later in the day to eat.

The only time I have ever experienced the “one more bite and I’m going to puke” feeling is when I was force to eating 4400 calories a day. Cutting at 2400 and I constantly feel hungry unless I a do something similar to Intermittent fasting. But then I risk eating too much in that feeding period
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

Same
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Me either!

If someone is in the position of having to lose weight, than obviously they are more than capable of eating, and eating enough.