New year, new start

Options
1 year ago I stood on the scale during a work weight loss competition. I completed the fitness portion and felt like jelly. I was feeling good and thought it would be a piece of cake. Then I was sick during the weigh out so I didn't actually complete the fitness portion and didn't lose the weight. I felt depressed. In the summer I completed a 6 week cross fit intro class and felt good about myself even with yet another injury. Then I did NOTHING. I had great excuses for everything and I am great at justifying why it is OK to do nothing and eat that extra second helping and have dessert and an adult beverage or two to top it off. As I stood on the scale today I finally realized that I GAINED 22 pounds in 1 year! I feel disgusted with myself and the choices I have made. I hate that I am not active with my kids as much as I should be because I don't have the energy and almost all of my clothes do not fit.

Well that stops TODAY. Today is the start of a new work weight competition. I will be smarter about my choices, especially food. A few years ago I lost 45 lbs and now I am really close to putting all of that weight back. I worked hard to lose it and I know I will have to work harder to lose it now that I am older and have had two kids. I haven't held myself accountable for the last year and I need to start!

Thank you for those that took the time to read this and for those that will help me stay accountable on this new journey to a more fit me!

---feeling hopeful

Replies