6 dangerous weight loss methods

Options
2»

Replies

• Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Interesting article & loads of other good stuff too. Thanks for sharing.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Shape recommends the average woman consume 1800 calories a day....here's an article...

http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/diet-strategies/shapes-5-point-plan-for-weight-loss
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm being forced under my calorie goal and I hate it. I've been ill fr almost a week and been netting a maximum of 330 and was minus 29 on one day. I've dropped 10lbs in under a week - what a horrible way to lose weight this is. I cant wait to be able to eat again.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm being forced under my calorie goal and I hate it. I've been ill fr almost a week and been netting a maximum of 330 and was minus 29 on one day. I've dropped 10lbs in under a week - what a horrible way to lose weight this is. I cant wait to be able to eat again.

That happened to my mom when she had surgery on her stomach/esophagus. She could only eat certain things, and she would feel really hungry -- then take a couple of bites and feel sick. She lost quite a bit of weight, but has since gained some back. I didn't like to see that, but I knew she wasn't doing it intentionally and she hated it, too.
  • Margie2210
    Margie2210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Shape recommends the average woman consume 1800 calories a day....here's an article...

I must not be average then, because my base calories (BMR + sedentary) are only 1660. If I followed shape's advice for a year I'd gain 15 lbs!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The one I find most interesting and that I don't think most people realize is a problem is the Extreme Exercising. I see a lot of people on here that are doing that one.
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I must not be average then, because my base calories (BMR + sedentary) are only 1660. If I followed shape's advice for a year I'd gain 15 lbs!

Agreed. Mine, BMR + sedentary is also around 1600. If I eat 1800 I gain each week. That is of course unless I exercise, but with exercise I wouldn't lose at 1800 I would maintain.
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    will read when I'm at the PC, thanks for taking the time to share :-)
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great post and article! So true! I don't even like to be friends with people that do some of these things. I feel if I don't say something to them I am not being supportive in their goals. It's a bad situation to have to sit back and watch someone hurt themselves. Makes me sad : (
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Great post and article! So true! I don't even like to be friends with people that do some of these things. I feel if I don't say something to them I am not being supportive in their goals. It's a bad situation to have to sit back and watch someone hurt themselves. Makes me sad : (

If I feel like someone is hurting themselves, I do speak up as gently as I can. If they continue, then like you, I can't sit by and watch them starve themselves. It's not that I don't care about them, but I can't support unhealthy behaviors. Just like I won't support an alcoholic in his habit, I won't support my friends in starvation diets.