Keto Friends

Options
Looking for some other Keto-friendly people! Add me :) I'm new to the lifestyle (just a week in) but I am rocking it with ketostix reading high! I've had no sickness, but I am a little tired... and the best part, 7lbs down in 6 days with no cheats and under 30g carbs a day. Hoping to pal around with other like minded people, trade some recipes or just chat about exercise, food and lifestyle. Thanks!

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Im poultry,eggs, cheese, nuts, seeds, peanuts, and soy products also salad vegetables.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ketosis over here!
  • Nyodra
    Nyodra Posts: 40
    Options
    Awesome :) Nice to meet you ladies! Looking forward to the carb-less conversations haha :)
  • Jefster
    Jefster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Keto all the way here :)

One thing I've heard about Ketostix is, that ketosis is like a light switch, you are either in it, or your not. The color range just measures the amount of ketones in the urine, which can vary.

So the darker the ketostix, the more concentrated the ketones your body is expelling, which could mean you are not getting enough water. So watch your hydration, but overall it's a good sign :)

See Below:

Will I lose weight faster if the strips show dark purple all the time?

No. Testing in the darkest purple range all the time is usually a sign of dehydration -- the urine is too concentrated. You need to drink more water to dilute it, and keep the kidneys flushed.

The liver will make ketones from body fat, the fat you EAT, and from alcohol --- the ketone strips have no way of distinguishing the source of the ketones. So, if you test every day after dinner, and dinner usually contains a lot of fat, then you may very well test for large amounts of ketones all the time. However this does not indicate that any BODY fat was burned.

The strips only indicate what's happening in the urine. Ketosis happens in the blood and body tissues. If you're showing even a small amount, then you are in ketosis, and fat-burning is taking place. Don't get hung up on the ketone sticks.
  • Jefster
    Jefster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This topic gave me a really good idea actually.....

I started a new site called "KetoFriends.com" for discussions between people on the Keto/Low-Carb Lifestyle.

http://ketofriends.com

Let's see if it takes off :)