MY 1st Real NSV Moment!

Options
So, I work for a church school, and I know a lot of the congregation members because the staff and faculty are very "visible." Everyone knows us even if we don't know them. I ran in to a woman from church this morning as I was passing through the office. This person was particularly vocal over the last couple of years about her disapproval of my divorce since I'm supposed to set an example of a good Christian life. Whatever! Anyway, my Gram raised me to be polite, so we exchanged greetings, and then I turned the corner. I overheard her say to the secretary, "That woman looks just like Shannon!" I had to eavesdrop, so I stopped and listened!

The secretary's response was: "That WAS Shannon! She's lost a lot of weight, and she went back to school since she sent that husband of hers packing. She and the girls are doing so well, and we're very proud of her."

The woman's response: "That's wonderful! She looks a good ten years younger. I almost didn't recognize her!"

Now this definitely isn't very "Christian," but I hope she chokes on it! And oh, (insert happy dance here) did that feel good!

Replies

• SWEET31
    SWEET31 Posts: 40
    Options
    So, I work for a church school, and I know a lot of the congregation members because the staff and faculty are very "visible." Everyone knows us even if we don't know them. I ran in to a woman from church this morning as I was passing through the office. This person was particularly vocal over the last couple of years about her disapproval of my divorce since I'm supposed to set an example of a good Christian life. Whatever! Anyway, my Gram raised me to be polite, so we exchanged greetings, and then I turned the corner. I overheard her say to the secretary, "That woman looks just like Shannon!" I had to eavesdrop, so I stopped and listened!

The secretary's response was: "That WAS Shannon! She's lost a lot of weight, and she went back to school since she sent that husband of hers packing. She and the girls are doing so well, and we're very proud of her."

The woman's response: "That's wonderful! She looks a good ten years younger. I almost didn't recognize her!"

Now this definitely isn't very "Christian," but I hope she chokes on it! And oh, (insert happy dance here) did that feel good!
  • SWEET31
    SWEET31 Posts: 40
    Options
    you must feel so goooooodddddddddddddddddddddddd hehehe lol
  • Abott715
    Options
    Your making me cry! I am so proud of you. You have ALWAYS been so strong. Grams raised you so perfect! I miss you so much but I am so happy I can still read your stories. Don't ever give up because only God knows the plan for you. I love you Li'Shay!!!:happy: