Busy schedule but want to stick to it!

Options
I start back to college on the 16th after a semester off. I work from 8:30-5:00 then straight to school 5:45-9:00,thenn pick my children. Does any one have any tips to stay on track while constantly on the go? I really do not want to fail or give into the temptation of eating out all the time due to convince. HELP!

Replies

• kathycurry90
    kathycurry90 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    spend an hour or so on the weekend to meal prep so all ready to go. Have veggies/fruit bagged up so can just grab and go. I than cook extra on a wednesday night to keep me going onto the weekend.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Planning ahead is probably the only way you will manage it.

I use a planning sheet (copy here) It helps massively with shopping and has also cut down the amount of food I am wasting.

Presumably you get a lunch break at work? you could pre-log then for the next day and adjust as necessary if anything changes.

I do meal prep for Mon-Fri lunches on a Sunday, normally something I can eat cold or heat up at work like:
    • Homemade Chunky Soup and a roll/mini naan bread
    • Cold Pasta Salad
    • Leftovers of below crockpot meals with a one-serve microwave rice portion
    • Stuffed Pitta Bread (keep fillings separate so it doesn't go soggy in the fridge
    • Chicken & Quinoa Salad

and then either a crockpot meal or something I can prep and cook quickly and serve with some steamed frozen veg when I get in from work such as:
    • Thai Green Curry
    • Strogonoff
    • Casserole
    • Salmon Fishcakes
    • Falafel
    • Minted Lamb Meatballs
    • Lean Mince Burgers

For snacks I keep a basket in the cupboard/fridge with pre-weighed portioned out or individual pack snacks like:
    • Roasted Salt & Pepper Almonds/Chickpeas/Soy Beans
    • Popcorn
    • Protein Bars
    • Homemade Protein Muffins
    • String Cheese
    • Cottage Cheese & Crackers
    • Boiled Eggs

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    similar to whats already been said: meal prep on weekends and try to pack food as much as possible. If you have to pick up on the go take a few mins to prelog and plan ahead so you don't have an oops, that was 500 calories more than I anticipated moment.
  • fat_engineer
    fat_engineer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Meal prep. Meal prep. Meal prep. Some famous guy in history said once. Preparation is the key to success.
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are there any protein bars that aren’t pure sugar
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    EPmomdoc wrote: »
    Are there any protein bars that aren’t pure sugar

Some of the Kind bars or Luna bars aren't too bad.