Seeking Vegan Weight Loss Support

Options
Hello! My name is Heather and I'm turning 30 in a few days. I've been working on weight loss for awhile now and Hibernating Holiday Heather has really set me back recently.

I am vegan and looking for friends who are also vegan to share support, recipes, food diaries, and non scale victories with. Judgment free zone for sure. I have found through this journey that something that helps me a lot is getting inspiration from the food diaries of my friends. Maybe your every day go-to meal is my next inspiration for a new go-to for myself. Maybe some of you are snacking on secrets I haven't thought of!

I'm just ultimately looking for people to share in this journey with me. Please add me or comment here and I will add you if you are interested :)

Replies

• sarahkayray
    sarahkayray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Heather!! I too am vegan and would love a vegan friend! I just started to use this ap yesterday as I’m trying to lose about 50lbs.
  • pbbananacoffeechocolate
    Options
    Hi! I'm vegan, too, anyone feel free to add me! My goal is to lose 20 pounds while maintaining muscle and gaining strength. I'm a pole dancer and my progress is more important to me than weight loss. Am currently trying to increase my protein, aiming for 20% of calories from protein.
  • _hmoney
    _hmoney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm vegan, too, anyone feel free to add me! My goal is to lose 20 pounds while maintaining muscle and gaining strength. I'm a pole dancer and my progress is more important to me than weight loss. Am currently trying to increase my protein, aiming for 20% of calories from protein.

That's awesome! Pole dance is such a great strengthener. I have faith in you ❤️ adding you!
  • _hmoney
    Options
    Hey Heather!! I too am vegan and would love a vegan friend! I just started to use this ap yesterday as I’m trying to lose about 50lbs.

This app is awesome for inspiration and keeping track of your food intake/exercise. Stick with it ❤️
  • lizlovestrees
    lizlovestrees Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vegan trying to lose weight and I would love to have some Vegan friends!! :)
  • susanjerich6167
    susanjerich6167 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too. Looking to hit 40 carb; 30 and 30 fat/protein. Im vegan and new to this app.
  • bdottewi
    bdottewi Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm a 10 year vegetarian slowly transitioning to more vegan and looking to lose 20 pounds :)
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please send recipes and snack ideas - all of my kids are vegan- I am 76% there and vegetarian is easy- Greek yogurt and eggs are my go too for protein tho Whole Foods does have a lot of options and there is always pea protein powder - please send me what works for you
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Have you discovered the Happy Herbivores group here on MFP?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • _hmoney
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Have you discovered the Happy Herbivores group here on MFP?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

I hadn't but thank you, I just clicked join!!