Hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Make zucchini mouth watering for me.

*Poof* Zucchini latkes with creamy homemade sour cream based fresh horseradish sauce (Alton Brown's recipe).

You're welcome.

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Batter and deep fry. How I love zucchini fries. I usually do the lazy thing and salt for an hour, rinse, coat with olive oil, then grill.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Fried zucchini... zucchini tempura...

Now and then there is no problem with eating fast food.

Today I ate Popeye's. I had planned to eat a little pasta and a tomato for dinner. I talked myself out of going to a "real" restaurant and was settled on the pasta...but then i passed Popeye's and went in. I just did not feel like cooking. Rather than order the fries, I just got cole slaw along with the biscuit and 2 pieces of white meat chicken. I pondered gettng the green beans, less than half the calories as the coleslaw, but I thought I'd enjoy the slaw more than fast food green beans! The soda was diet, so no calories there. All in all, I stayed within my calorie goal today with 60 calories to spare! The biscuit is a ridiculous amount of calories and definitely NOT worth it. But the chicken, considering it was fried, had less calories than I expected. I won't do this regularly, but sometimes one doesn't feel like cooking and I ate no junk food otherwise today at all, so I feel it was fine.

Especially if you are tempted by fast food and other junk, I think it's important to prepare and/or buy ready made tasty food. It is really hard to pass it up if you like it when the alternative is a plain vegetable.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Fast food on MFP... are you ready?

Go to Taco Bell:
    2 Fresco-style shredded chicken soft tacos = 300 calories
    1 side of black beans = 80 calories

Spread the beans on the tacos and it's even better. And there you go... full, satisfying fast-food for 380 calories.

Or, let's talk Popeyes since it was mentioned above:
    3 blackened chicken tenders = 170 calories
    1 small mashed potatoes and gravy 110 calories
    1 small green beans = 40 calories

Full meal for 320 calories.

Point is, you can do fast food. Plan ahead, search their online menus. Make good choices. If you want to indulge in the whopper, you can go for the 660 calories. Or get the same flavor in the whopper junior for 310 calories. So when you are craving that burger, or whatever, plan it out and make it work.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bread the zucchini if it fits in your calories, never will be like a burger though.

Don't know if you have East Side Mario's where you are but I love their breaded zucchini.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    up your protein intake and add 100 calories
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I am so hungry.
    Eat a can of green beans. If you are truly 'hungry' that will take care of it. If not, you weren't really hungry, it was something else.