Starting again... this time I’ll do it!

Options
Hi all.

I tried to lose weight 2 times already (on here).

First time round I lost 70lbs and eventually started liking myself a little bit. Then things at home got tricky and with a bereavement to deal with, I put it all back on in no time.

So I tried again ... But failed miserably and now I'm back to where I started.

The trouble with me is, I'm a self confessed emotional binge eater and have been all my life. Thinking about it, I've always been "big" and the time has come to do something about it.

So please feel free to add me for a mutual accountability and support.

Mags

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is to deal with feelings without food - our emotional crutch. But you can do it! You've shown that you know how. Forget about the past weight gain and just jump back into it.
  • angietes2u
    angietes2u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Think positive. Don’t look back only forward. Take one day at a time. I’ve been there too. It’s hard and there are always struggles. We all just need a little encouragement and faith that we can get through anything if we really want it. Add me as your friend if you like. I’d be happy to have a friend on here to motivate and get motivation from in return!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. Welcome
  • carasnewlife
    carasnewlife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So familiar :) You can do it!
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You sound like me too!
    Adding you!
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I'm back too...
  • juliamfu161
    juliamfu161 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I eat as an oral fixation, I just like the chewing. But then the calories started adding up. I've also tried this site a couple times before, but to no avail. 2018 will be my year though. I'm stockpiling sugar free gum and joined a gym.
  • Carley0287
    Carley0287 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m right there with you! But it says a lot that we are willing to start over and not give up on ourselves!!!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same. Lost 80. Put it all back on. It was so disheartening. Like you I was starting to feel confident. I'm back down 64 now and can see 80 on the horizon to get back to where I was. Then I'm aiming for 100. You did it once. You can do it again!!!! Feel free to add me. :) happy to support fellow "losers".
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lets do this!!!! Hey we all have addictions. Lets work to move past them. Let me list some things
    1. Always think about dieting. Sleeping, eating, pooping, sexing, wrestling, washing. Always think about it
    2. Focus on what make you happy. Like hobbies
    3. Read and research new foods or recipes
    4. Use this app everyday until you know and can eyeball how many calories your takin in
    5. Stress less focus on yourself. No social media that stresses you out cause it's filled with drama.
    6. Smile cause the world is both beautiful and cruel.
    7. Ask questions, we will all help out.
  • bdedi
    bdedi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm back also. In 2010 I had a lap band put in when I first got it life was simple. Things in life got complicated and I began to eat the things I wasn't supposed to eat. Went from 390 to 260 and have topped out around 400 again. I'm starting all over and this time it will stick, real life be damned. Please feel to add me so we can support each other in our new adventure.
  • jbby0311
    jbby0311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to friend you but totally new to this and have no idea how to.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    jbby0311 wrote: »
    Would love to friend you but totally new to this and have no idea how to.

Click/tap on the user you want to friend, click/tap on their actual username when the new tab or page opens and it will give you the option to 'add as friend'.
  • Pkov123
    Pkov123 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I will friend you! Plz talk to me I need supportive weight loss friends :)
  • mandawear84
    mandawear84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like a familiar story to do many of us. I always tell myself I just like to eat so I will. But then I realize just because I like to eat doesnt mean I should never have self control. You CAN do this. You need to want to. Sounds like you're there :)
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Lost 111lbs in 2011 now put it almost every last pound back mind 20lbs or so. Time to get back in gear. I'm totally a binge eater, identifying the problem is part of the struggle. Also, recognzing and accepting where you are today as painful as it is, is important otherwise you will be disappointed with progress because you aren't were you were. One day at a time. I'll shoot you a frend request. Let's do this!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Acem24 wrote: »
    Lets do this!!!! Hey we all have addictions. Lets work to move past them. Let me list some things
    1. Always think about dieting. Sleeping, eating, pooping, sexing, wrestling, washing. Always think about it
    2. Focus on what make you happy. Like hobbies
    3. Read and research new foods or recipes
    4. Use this app everyday until you know and can eyeball how many calories your takin in
    5. Stress less focus on yourself. No social media that stresses you out cause it's filled with drama.
    6. Smile cause the world is both beautiful and cruel.
    7. Ask questions, we will all help out.

Always think about dieting? How is this helpful? I guess I would word it different, always thinking about the journey and keep the vision of where you want to go in front of your daily decisions and habits.
  • Pkov123
    Options
    To Justin741, I can help you!
  • Pkov123
    Options
    Let's be weight loss buddies! Ok
  • Pkov123
    Options
    I am recovering from anxiety attack earlier