2»

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    VEGETARIAN CHILI

1 ½ cups cooked kidney beans
    1 ½ cups cooked pinto beans
    1 can Dakota Pride Mild Chili Beans (my secret weapon-only thing I buy at Aldi’s)
    1 onion, diced
    2 green bell peppers, diced
    1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
    2 ½ cups water
    1 tblsp chix bullion powder (vegan)
    1 tblsp chili powder
    1 tblsp garlic salt
    1 tblsp cumin

Bring everything to a boil and cook until onions and peppers are soft – about 15 minutes.

Decrease oil or saute in water for even lower low calorie for this one:

VERY VEGGIE “SPAGHETTI”

1 Tbsp Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or regular EVOO)
    1 Onion, diced
    2 large Zucchini, shredded in food processor
    2 large Carrots, shredded in food processor
    2 cloves Garlic, minced
    10 oz jar sliced Mushrooms
    1 can (15 oz) Tomato Sauce, no salt added
    1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes, no salt added - DO NOT DRAIN
    2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
    2 Tbsp Flaxmeal
    1 Tbsp dried Basil
    1 Tbsp dried Parsley
    Salt & Pepper to taste
    Nutritional Yeast (optional)

Saute onion, zucchini, carrots and garlic in oil. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

Using a julienne peeler, make a huge mound of raw carrot or zucchini "pasta"...then top it with very veggie sauce.

LOADED BAKED SWEET POTATO

(ingredients listed tops 2 sweet potatoes):

Combine 1/4 cup beans (red, black, white, pinto...your choice), 1 diced tomato, 1/2 diced onion, 1 tablespoon ground flax, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix it all up and top the sweet potatoes.

I usually just stab the potatoes with a fork several times and microwave them for 10 minutes and they turn out perfect!

QUINOA VEGGIE PLATE

Ingredients
    1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
    1 cup water
    1 tsp vegan chix bouillion (optional)
    1 cup frozen green beans
    1 cup frozen cut carrots
    1 cup frozen peppers and onions

*Sauce:
    1/3 cup tomato sauce
    1/3 cup diced tomato with juice
    1 tsp Italian Seasoning
    1 tsp dried minced onion
    Dash of garlic powder
    Salt and Pepper to taste

1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
    Sprinkling of Adobo Seasoning

Directions
    Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add vegan chix flavored bullion, if desired. After boiling, stir in rinsed quinoa, lower heat to medium low, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until quinoa is semi-translucent.

While quinoa is cooking, steam green beans, carrots, peppers and onions for 12 minutes.

For sauce, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, dried minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper and heat on stove for 5 to 10 minutes.*

To plate, divide quinoa onto two plates, top each with half of the veggies and sprinkle on Adobo seasoning. Divide the tomato sauce and pour over each plate and top each one with 1/2 tsp of nutritional yeast.

Tips
    *To speed this up, you can substitute your favorite pasta sauce for the sauce recipe.
  • coffeebean92
    coffeebean92 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potate with a drizzle of almond butter, a side of brown rice rice and your favorite frozen veggies. Instant health (:
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I also spend time on YouTube viewing so many wonderful vegan channels out there... Sarah's Vegan Kitchen, Cheap Lazy Vegan, Pick Up Limes, Sweet Potato Soul and so many others. They use everyday ingredients and walk you through the steps of making their dishes.
  • bethmarie93
    bethmarie93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and my fav quick meals include tofu and white rice. You can have any sauce u want and put it on the tofu - like I use general tsos sauce, just a little. You can eat it boiled, pan cooked, etc. i also make what i call a mexican bowl. I use brown or white rice and put it on the plate or bowl first, then black beans, then your favorite salsa and your favorite guacamole. Sometimes I eat it with a little bit of tortilla chips for crunch or just by itself. It’s really good, fills you up for a while, quick and easy to make esp if u cook a lot of rice and beans ahead of time although beans take like 10min to heat up. And you dont have to eat much of it to be full.
  • peavy09
    peavy09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians can eat beans. Beans are really good too.