Drastic Change

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm Ahmed, from Egypt. 24yo, 170cm, and 140kg. It's not as bad as you think, having a little more muscle on me than I should, but... it's still pretty bad. A recent test at a doctor determined that I needed to lose 50kgs of pure fat, so.. that's where I am. I joined MFP and tried to get going with it a couple of times, but never really stuck through. Here I am again, though, and I figured having friends on here would help. Today is the 4th day I'm on my "drastic healthy change" plan. I completely cut soda (used to drink at least 2 liters of diet coke a day), and decided on no more junk food. Also Macro and Calorie counting. I don't miss anything yet, so that's at least good news!

So that's me. My goal is to get fit, not be self conscious about taking my shirt off at the beach, and just be happier with my body. I'd love to make some friends on here for motivation and encouragement, so.. definitely feel free to hit me up.

Thanks!

Replies

• Icecreamjorna
    Icecreamjorna Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm jo, 26 and been on this for a year now! I try my hardest to log my food in but i find the community on here the best tool here! Watching everyone else losing weight and reaching their goals is so inspiring! Sent you a request, can never have too many friends
  • aelhussiny
    aelhussiny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm jo, 26 and been on this for a year now! I try my hardest to log my food in but i find the community on here the best tool here! Watching everyone else losing weight and reaching their goals is so inspiring! Sent you a request, can never have too many friends

Thanks a lot, Jo! Just accepted you. I definitely agree that seeing everyone reach their goal will be so inspiring. *fingers crossed*
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the motivation! The great thing about MFP is that it lays it out for you and as long as you stick to what it tells you (and be honest with your numbers), you will lose weight.

Just remember to add some exercise and you'll feel extra good. :)
  • CatL1911
    CatL1911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good luck Ahmed! You're on the right track :) In my life I've found that after a few weeks of not having soda, you'll no longer want it, and it will no longer taste good. Plus you'll save money not buying it! Best of luck!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke isn't really going to have much impact in terms of weight loss, it's a couple of calories and plenty of people successfully lose weight without having to cut it out. So if you enjoy it, there's no reason why you can't continue to enjoy it. I've had a can most days whilst I've lost and maintained my weight.

You are more likely to be successful if you make small changes over time than a bunch of drastic changes that overwhelm you. Don't over-complicate it by cutting everything out, weight loss although it's not easy but it is fairly simple - Eat less than you burn.
  • Loopers242
    Loopers242 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have a Muay Thai fight coming up in April and I’m looking for cardio workouts to lose 25lbs in 4 months. If anyone has any advise, feel free to share! Thanks a lot!
  • aelhussiny
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have the motivation! The great thing about MFP is that it lays it out for you and as long as you stick to what it tells you (and be honest with your numbers), you will lose weight.

Just remember to add some exercise and you'll feel extra good. :)

Indeee I do!! I'm actually aiming to go to the gym 5 times a week (workdays), but I know that's not super realistic, at least at first. I figured it's better to aim for 5 and land at 4 than to aim at 3 and land at 1.
  • aelhussiny
    Options
    CatL1911 wrote: »
    Good luck Ahmed! You're on the right track :) In my life I've found that after a few weeks of not having soda, you'll no longer want it, and it will no longer taste good. Plus you'll save money not buying it! Best of luck!

Thanks a lot, Cat! Oh, and hey, added motivation with the money thing. Thank you!
  • aelhussiny
    Options
    Diet Coke isn't really going to have much impact in terms of weight loss, it's a couple of calories and plenty of people successfully lose weight without having to cut it out. So if you enjoy it, there's no reason why you can't continue to enjoy it. I've had a can most days whilst I've lost and maintained my weight.

You are more likely to be successful if you make small changes over time than a bunch of drastic changes that overwhelm you. Don't over-complicate it by cutting everything out, weight loss although it's not easy but it is fairly simple - Eat less than you burn.

Thanks for the advice. That's actually true about the calories. Me, personally (and that's just me, here), the small-changes attempt didn't really work for me. Because I was only changing something small, it didn't seem like a big deal to just ignore it one day, and then the next day, etc. And I'd end up right back where I started (or worse, according to the scale :D ). That's why I figured a drastic change is what will hopefully work for me.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    aelhussiny wrote: »

Thanks for the advice. That's actually true about the calories. Me, personally (and that's just me, here), the small-changes attempt didn't really work for me. Because I was only changing something small, it didn't seem like a big deal to just ignore it one day, and then the next day, etc. And I'd end up right back where I started (or worse, according to the scale :D ). That's why I figured a drastic change is what will hopefully work for me.

Best of luck!