fa9qc6kj4d02.jpg

Hee heee. :D
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    klkarlen wrote: »
    ba4f807hov5z.jpg

This triggered a hysterical memory for me. Back in my beagle owning days, our local mall decided to host a "picture your pet with Santa" event. This was the first time anyone had tried such a thing. I said oh what the heck, loaded up the dog, and went to the mall. The line was out the door and into the parking lot, and security cut off the line with five families behind me, at about 7 pm. There was just about every animal you can imagine in that line. And we waited for HOURS, as evidently it is hard to get a pet to agree to sit with a man in a red furry suit and a beard. Dogs started peeing on the floor, one lifted it's leg on the wall of a store. . . it was chaos. The janitorial staff finally gave up and just started putting the wet floor cones over the pee spots. My dog had had enough after about 30 minutes, but I was determined. And when we finally got our turn (at round 9:30 pm), Santa was looking pretty frazzled and bedraggled, and my dog was having none of it. So I had to be in the picture holding her captive on Santa's lap. I still have it somewhere.

Funny, the mall had to offer another day to those that didn't make it in line, and they never did it again.

That’s crazy! Would love to see the pic! I think this was at PetCo in 2012... My favorite locally owned pet supply store is doing photos with Santa this weekend, and I might try again with one or two of my well behaved beagles — possibly Pip (above) again and Arya. It’s hard to imagine one turning out as well as this one :smile:

Finally found the picture, from 1990, still in the card from the Mall - here it is, and the look on Santa's face is priceless, after 4 hours of dealing with all the crazy pets and their even crazier owners.

lpr78qledzl1.jpg

<3:)
  • dlambert3891
    dlambert3891 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Pick this little man up on 12th February
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    6qi1hmf49ak2.jpg
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    r6o4iuq720x7.jpeg
    4pl63xa74pbo.jpeg
    gjtt8lf6de1z.jpeg

Your dog looks like a grumpy old man.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    @EZDUZIT68 is your dog a Puggle?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    3z1djvc27ndd.jpg
    Hiking with our two dogs and new puppy.

@bisky

What kind of backpack is that? I need one for one of my Westies with a bit of a hip issue.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    bknewtype wrote: »
    Omg puppies! Heres mine

qzc0nx194773.jpeg
    1cvw8crshu70.jpeg

So adorable! What kind of dog is he/she?
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

*he

eta: lol
  • lporter229
    Options

*he

eta: lol

He he...missed that ;)
  • lporter229
    Options
    Omg puppies! Heres mine

qzc0nx194773.jpeg
    1cvw8crshu70.jpeg

thank you! we rescued him from a shelter that told us he was a daschund mixed lab. I see some beagle/jack russel in him as well. either way, I love my mut

*he

yes xD

Reminds me a bit of my rescue mutt. We believe her to be foxhound/boxer mix. Here she is after wearing herself out playing with the Christmas paper.