Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Excess calories.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Neither causes belly fat in the way you're implying. I take this comment to mean you think you have belly fat because of eating a particular macro, which is not correct.

If you want to lose weight eat at a calorie deficit and eventually the belly fat will start to go down.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Eating too much (of anything) and moving too little.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Fat distribution is more of a genetic thing. To lose belly fat you have to eat less and move more. To avoid gaining belly fat you need to eat at maintenance. All those other theories have been proven false.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Both, tied also with protein. Because fat comes from a calorie surplus.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    If there were a trick to losing or avoiding gaining belly fat, it would absolutely not be a secret and someone would be a zillionaire. Heck, I’m pretty sure I’ve read that even the “beer belly” isn’t related to alcohol specifically, just excess calories. If you want a smaller belly, the only thing to do is eat fewer calories than you consume, lose weight, and hope. I kid you not, I’ve actually lost weight from my feet over the last year. I’m down a few inches in the belly region, yes, but also half a shoe size. There’s just no controlling it.