Need to lose 50+ pounds

Hi. My family is very supportive, but they have no idea what it's like to be very overweight and the difficulties I am facing in trying to lose all this weight. I'm hoping I can find people here that know my struggles, not just understand them.

Replies

• dmarshall2014
    dmarshall2014 Posts: 4 Member
    I understand. To look at 50lbs is daunting. But if you break it up and do smaller goals over a couple weeks..then the 50lbs will add up quicker than you think. So what I do and have always done....is I say ok..overall I need to lose 50lbs...but this week I need to lose 1.5lbs. Or within the next 2 weeks I'm gonna lose 2lbs. Then each week a new obtainable goal. Losing weight is 85% nutrition. Exercise is only 15%. Good luck and hang in there. It's true what they say...after 2 weeks you'll feel it, after 4 weeks you'll see it..if you can do something for 30 days it becomes a habit.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 251 Member
    I understand. To look at 50lbs is daunting. But if you break it up and do smaller goals over a couple weeks..then the 50lbs will add up quicker than you think. So what I do and have always done....is I say ok..overall I need to lose 50lbs...but this week I need to lose 1.5lbs. Or within the next 2 weeks I'm gonna lose 2lbs. Then each week a new obtainable goal. Losing weight is 85% nutrition. Exercise is only 15%. Good luck and hang in there. It's true what they say...after 2 weeks you'll feel it, after 4 weeks you'll see it..if you can do something for 30 days it becomes a habit.

Thank you. I completely forgot about short term goals. Just last night i was telling my husband how I really want to lose the all this weight. I'm 5' 4" and weigh 193. So i will just focus on trying to lose weekly for now.
  • bark2j5
    bark2j5 Posts: 33 Member
    I am trying not to lose focus on the smaller goals. It's really hard when you don't see the scale move at all. But I do feel better even though the scale doesn't seem to move. 5'1" at 196 is not a healthy place to be. Since I'm new at this I don't know how to add friends, but feel free to add me.
  • juliamfu161
    juliamfu161 Posts: 41 Member
    Remember to drink lots of water. I had this problem a while back where I would eat right, exercise, but the scale just. won't. budge. Not even a lb, and after a couple weeks I felt like a failure. But then I read online that drinking water helps to lose weight and I made sure to track how many cups of water I drink. It helps with my diet and feeling full, and I finally started seeing some weight loss as well.