Planet fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• Plussizebarbie17
    Plussizebarbie17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    it is so hard because it is almost 30mins away... but I really enjoyed it when I went to the one in Grand Rapids (when I lived right down the road) and wanted to go back. We will see if I stick with it or not. It is just so much cheaper than the gyms in my home town. And I have personally never heard the Lunk alarm or saw them kick people out. Although there are women who don't listen to their dress code at PF.
  • Plussizebarbie17
    Plussizebarbie17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    where is everyone from?
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've belonged to Planet Fitness for almost a year now. I haven't been very regular in my visits lately, but I do like my gym. Its fairly clean, its spacious, and it has tons of equipment. The only issues I ever run into is people talking on their phones loudly while on the floor (which you're not allowed to do at PF, but the employees don't enforce) and some people don't wipe down their equipment. That kind of stuff happens everywhere though, so you just deal with it and wipe equipment before and after using. All in all, the gym itself is good for the price.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I visited one with my wife a while ago when we were shopping for a new gym. She liked the setup and size but I was a bit confounded with the lack of free weights, the missing dumbbells (where were the 65+ at?) and the fact that most of the machines seemed to be missing about half their plates. I literally couldn't use much of the equipment because they didn't have enough plates to pin - and I consider myself an intermediate lifter. We actually settled on a SNAP fitness very close to us that has some of it's own issues but at least I'm able to work around them.

edit: I think it's probably great for a cardio junkie or a beginner lifter.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I was a member for about a year, but as a lifter, PF was lacking and it seemed a waste of money to go there a couple times a week for 30 minutes of cardio, so I just bought a rowing machine for home. Though it did bother me to see people using poor form and the so called "trainers" wouldn't say anything or correct them.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have been exercising at PF for over a year and it is fine - but I also have a gym available at work to allow for heavier lifting or else I wouldn't be able to do everything I would like. I am probably going to cancel my PF membership in the next week because I found a new local gym that is better equipped at a good price (when they jack the price up after a year I will probably be back to PF again, lol).

Overall, I think PFs are a good option for many people. They are very cheap, clean, well managed, the people are respectful, and the whole "lunk alarm" thing is an urban legend - I probably worked out there over 100 times last year and it was never used.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I considered them, but they have a horrible reputation for not canceling accounts for several months even after jumping through all thier hoops.
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Was a member...kept me from home and I already work full time and beyond. Decided to save the money and work out at home...walking and weights. That way I’m at least...home...and not still on the road at a later hour.

It’s a good gym. Just a gym but the mood ISN’T quite like the commercials either. It’s just a gym. I’ve been in a few gyms and found none of them “judgmental”. It’s just a place out of the weather to go...with the tools needed to do a workout. And in my case, I decided their black card membership wasn’t beneficial for me and even the cheaper membership wasn’t lucrative compared to my being home and walking down my road or doing a DVD in my living room or using my own weights.

Just my own opinion. If my schedule was different and the gym was closer...I’d be singing a different tune.
  • LBeekman2017
    LBeekman2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love PF. I travel a lot for work and usually find one to go to where ever I am and they are always friendly, clean and fun!
  • GetFit0767
    GetFit0767 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a Planet Fitness member, too. There's a PF group on here (see LINK).

If any of you would like to add me as a friend, feel free. It would be nice to link up with other PF members to share MFP and PF goals, successes, routines, tips, and accountability.