Anyone else trying to be in shape before they hit 50....? Anyone...? Bueller...? Bueller...?

Options
13»

Replies

• Warriormonk73
    Warriormonk73 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well a few years away but that is the plan!
  • MChartrand1970
    MChartrand1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48 on January 1 and I'm hoping that I'll be at my goal weight by my 50th. I'm what doctors call "morbidly obese" so it'll be a challenge, but not impossible.
  • MelaniefromGA
    MelaniefromGA Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/post/quote/10628827/Comment_41141178

Your share is very motivating! I’m 51 and need to lose 50lbs. I would love to learn how you lost 70lbs last year. That is
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @MelaniefromGA - honestly portion control and patience really was most of it. As everyone around here says "CICO." I kept my calories under control consistently and slowly but surely the weight came off. Also - I did start at 300 lbs so that was a contributing factor as well. If I can do it, you can do it!
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am definitely hoping to be healthier by 50! I hit 40 and thought "I can't believe I look like this!". Mine journey started back then. I have lost over 50 lbs and am not hitting the weights and get to where I want to be!
  • RangeBoss
    RangeBoss Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great stories here. I’m 57 and am 5 lbs from my goal. It’s great when we can support each other along the way. Feel free to add me.
  • AMike98
    AMike98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm with you.. turn 50 in august.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 50 in a few months and have lost about 60 lbs. For now I have been keeping busy with walking, Wii U fitness and just starting riding my bicycle again :smile:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48. My BMI is 37, Obese Class II. I intend on being "normal weight" before I hit 50, heck yeah.
  • Frogstomp000
    Frogstomp000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On the yo-yo, I've lost so much weight, so many times. When I was 38 I lost 30kg and was fit and trim at 40... I'm now 47, a baby at 44, and pushing 50 and have 40 kg to lose. I want to be in shape by the time I am 50. I have a toddler to run around after and a busy life that I want to live. Loving Keto and how this program makes it so easy.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to make improvements, but sooner is better than later. It doesn't get any easier the longer you wait. And everything is more fun when you're fit!

In my late thirties, I set a goal to be awesome by 40, because I figured it would be so much easier to maintain after 40 than it would be to take corrective action after the fact. I'm now in the mid 40's and super glad I got myself in top shape by 39. Now all I have to do is maintain - and while maintaining is not that difficult, it's more work these days than it used to be when I was younger. I see a lot of my peers really struggling. It's nice to not have that struggle and just be able to really enjoy this decade so far. I plan on having even more fun in my 50's. Oh, yes. I'm going to be even more awesome. (At least in my own mind, which is basically all that really matters. ;) )

The way I see it, being fit and healthy just gets even more rare and amazing the older you get. It's more of an accomplishment and it has more of an effect on your quality of life. I've seen people who were mediocre in their youth become outstanding in their later life just by virtue of putting extra work in where their peers have slacked off. Late bloomers...

So I highly recommend getting it together ASAP, so you can enjoy the future that much more! B)