this apple cider vinegar thing

Options
Ok so I am new to myfitnesspal. I have not talked to anybody who has tried the acv diet. Has anybody on here ever tried it? If so, has it worked for you?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    There's an ACV diet?

That sounds boring. And unnecessary.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Forget out it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a total load of bollocks
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The human body uses fat as energy when you eat less calories than you burn.

Acv and any other substances will not do that for you.

• Alatariel75
    Options
    Try green tea maybe iv been on it for 7days

Green tea also does nothing for weight loss. You don't need vinegar, or tea, or any of that stuff, you just need a calorie deficit.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

Nope

That is not how fat loss works

I'm on my phone and can't link. Could someone link the how fat loss works video please? :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Green tea also does nothing for weight loss. You don't need vinegar, or tea, or any of that stuff, you just need a calorie deficit.

Everything i read is green tea is great for you aswell can help weight loss as long as you do the calorie thing aswell

It has antioxidants and is good for you. It does nothing for weight loss, unless you're using it to replace a beverage that has calories.

See, experiments showed that green tea extract, in enormous amounts, showed a small lift in metabolism. All of a sudden the magazines and blogs jumped on screaming 'green tea makes you lose weight!!' and that's how it started. Drink it. I drink it myself. But it does nothing for weight loss. Any results you get, you did your own self.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I actually plan on doing it. Mostly because I've heard good things from those who have done it =] Not necessarily as a weight loss tool, but to help cleanse your liver and help with digestion!!

Your liver doesn't need help. If it did you need a Doctor not some vinegar and apple cider vinegar can make digestive problems worse for some people.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I actually plan on doing it. Mostly because I've heard good things from those who have done it =] Not necessarily as a weight loss tool, but to help cleanse your liver and help with digestion!!

Your liver exists to cleanse your body. There are no toxins in your liver that can be assisted by vinegar.
  • emily_platinum90
    emily_platinum90 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Everything i read is green tea is great for you aswell can help weight loss as long as you do the calorie thing aswell

It has antioxidants and is good for you. It does nothing for weight loss, unless you're using it to replace a beverage that has calories.

See, experiments showed that green tea extract, in enormous amounts, showed a small lift in metabolism. All of a sudden the magazines and blogs jumped on screaming 'green tea makes you lose weight!!' and that's how it started. Drink it. I drink it myself. But it does nothing for weight loss. Any results you get, you did your own self.

Ok fair enough well i like drinking it i have 3 a day. Im used to drink alchol and v's much better solution me thinks
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Ok fair enough well i like drinking it i have 3 a day. Im used to drink alchol and v's much better solution me thinks

Absolutely, that's why I say it's definitely a good choice if it's replacing something with calories. Don't get me wrong - I have at least 1 cup a day, and more if my 'all day' tea that I'm hooked on that month is a green blend. I do try to switch to herbal though, coz too much green makes me queasy.
  • emily_platinum90
    emily_platinum90 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Absolutely, that's why I say it's definitely a good choice if it's replacing something with calories. Don't get me wrong - I have at least 1 cup a day, and more if my 'all day' tea that I'm hooked on that month is a green blend. I do try to switch to herbal though, coz too much green makes me queasy.

And never drink on an empty stomache. Did that this morning
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it but know of a few people who consume it daily. One of them lost 30 pounds, not sure how long it took.
  • Finkelstien
    Finkelstien Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i use acv.

As a hair rinse. Shiny hair galore.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I have not tried it but know of a few people who consume it daily. One of them lost 30 pounds, not sure how long it took.

Good news for her, it was all her own hard work and nothing to do with the vinegar :) She should be very proud.