Newbie to MyFitnessPal

Options
I’ve dieted before, juiced, etc. and nothing seems to keep the weight off. This time I’m doing a lifestyle change and I’m taking it slow. January 1st I started eating much healthier and I go to the gym 4 days a week and do something active outdoors on the weekends. So far at the gym I do 22 minutes of cardio and add another 2 minutes every week. My goal is to get up to an hour. I’ll add in weights later. I really want this to stick. So far on this app I’m just logging food to stay on top of calories but I am really interested in tracking macronutrients and eating accordingly. Someone recommended the keto diet but I’m not sure where to even start. I looked up some recipes but they don’t seem very healthy to me. Right now I’m eating mostly veggies, fruits, legumes, and protein. I didn’t realize how many carbs were in certain fruits and veggies so doing a low carb diet seems really difficult. Anyways, I’m stoked for the future and losing this weight. My goal is to lose 60 pounds in one year. Do you think that is possible without going crazy?

Replies

• wisemagick1
    wisemagick1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes it is definitely possible without going crazy. The mfp forums seems to be kind of adverse to the keto diet. If it doesn't seem healthy to you then do not do it and find a diet you like a lot of people seem to like IIFYM (If it Fits Your Macros) Basically eat less calories then you take in and you will lose weight. If you set your app to lose 2lb/week you would reach your goal in around 30 weeks without exercise and assuming no stalls in weight loss.
  • quikruithoff
    quikruithoff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @wisemagick1 thanks for the encouragement! How do I set my app to lose 2lbs a week? Lol! I’m so new to this thing.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    @wisemagick1 thanks for the encouragement! How do I set my app to lose 2lbs a week? Lol! I’m so new to this thing.

Well I know on mine from the Home screen you click the 3 line box in the upper left hand corner and a drop down menu will appear. Click Goals and you can adjust things from there.

From the online site (here) click settings on the upper part of the window and that will take you to a page where you can click a link to change your diet and fitness profile. Be sure to click Update Profile.

Online I believe syncs with the app on the phone so you should only have to change one.

• quikruithoff
    quikruithoff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @pogiguy05 thanks!!!
  • loveyourselforeverr
    Options
    Slowly but surely wins the race