Picky eater... healthy food choices plz

Hi everyone!
For my New Years resolution I dedicated myself to being healthier and exercising. I usually do this for a short bit of time and then fall off, but I'm here to stay! I struggle with eating healthy options because I'm either picky or I just have no idea what to eat because I've been stuck in my ways for so long! For the past two weeks I've literally ate salad... different types of salad, but nonetheless salad

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Eat what you like, just less of it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    plenty of veg and fruit, whole grains, legumes, lentils, lean cuts of beef and pork, poultry, fish, healthy fats, and pizza and fish 'n chips now and then...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    If you don't already: My breakthrough years ago was to stop eating out and cook for myself and also to bring my own lunch to work.

Salad is a good first step to healthy eating. But simple meals of meat, veg (steamed), carb (sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa, pasta, etc.) work just as well. Also, a sandwich can have the same calories as a salad, depending on how its made.

Have fun becoming a foodie!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    so what do you mean by picky....we dont have enough info to be helpful.

but mostly this:
    aeloine wrote: »
    Eat what you like, just less of it.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Don't just randomly try to "eat healthier", and never ask strangers for what you should eat. Figure out what healthy eating is, why (or whether) you want to change your eating habits, and how to make sustainable changes. A healthy diet is balanced and varied. If you're overweight, one of the most important changes you can implement, is to eat less. Eating less and exercising moderately, practically forces you to make better choices, because you'll probably want to avoid being hungry, and have enough energy to fuel your activity.

You can eat anything you want, and when you allow yourself to do that, you'll most likely be more willing to try new things, and when you become willing enough, you want to challenge your pickyness, look for recipes, find new foods in the grocery store, explore cooking. If you discover that this is exciting, and not so scary as you thought, and that your tastebuds appreciate the new range of flavors, you will become more and more eager and adventurous.
  • hubbyswiflit
    hubbyswiflit Posts: 5 Member
    I'm currently munching on chicken salad! Do you have a goal? I fought for years against having a goal, my opinion was "surely me wanting to do it is enough", but alas, sometimes it isn't. This year I have a goal (several actualyl) and it's a lot easier to stick to if a lot of people know about it because you can't say "oh no, I'm not doing that now". i know it's tempting to keep it to yourself, but the more people know, the better. Are you counting calories or carbs? My husband has Asberger's and has a problem with food in general, we've found that he can keep a better eye on things when it's carbs and not calories, mainly because it's smaller numbers, but with his problems with textures etc (he's very difficult to feed), carbs works better for him. Just a thought :)
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    You need a diet plan that fits in your budget add me if you wish