How to get yourself to drink more water?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I’ll add some flavor to it like lemon juice.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I like bubbles, so I'm a huge fan of sparkling water with some natural flavor in it. I try to keep some around as it really does keep me away from soda and all the crap that is in it.

I also keep a water bottle on my desk, and a cup in my bathroom, I just get used to sipping on something most of the time, and as long as I have my bubble fix, outside of a glass of wine (most) evenings, I can pretty much stick with just water. But the bubbles is key for me!

I tried Mio and other water flavors, those didn't get me what I wanted, discovered it was the bubbles that I desired in soft drinks.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32 oz bottle with me. My goal is to fill it 4X a day.
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Be careful a gallon of water a day is waaaay 2 much water for the average person plus you can lose lots of electrolytes and minerals in my opinion just drink when you are thirsty or just 6 cups a day . The only people who should drink a lot of water are very active people or people who eat lots of processed foods. It's not normal to have to pee every 30 minutes.
  • TishTash1616
    TishTash1616 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I carry a 1 litre flask around with me. It keeps my water cool all day, and I know I've had an adequate amount (for me) when I've had at least 2 litres. I also use the plant nanny app, which reminds me to drink, and gives me a cute virtual plant to nurture.

In my case, I have to drink at least 2L even when I'm not thirsty as I have a medical condition that worsens when I don't. I do notice that my skin is also better when I drink more too.

The gallon (4.5 litre) jug thing is likely too much unless you do a lot of sports and live in a hot climate.
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    “It depends on your size and weight, and also on your activity level and where you live,” Nessler says. “In general, you should try to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day.” For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, that would be 75 to 150 ounces of water a day.

1 gallon is 128 ounces.

How Much Water Do You Need? Can You Drink Too Much? - WebMD
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/water-for-weight-loss-diet
  • dawn__westbury
    dawn__westbury Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    akionabr wrote: »
    This has probably been asked a million times, but what are your favorite ways to get yourself to drink more water? I am honestly addicted to diet drinks but feel I need more plain water!

I find that if I have a bottle with me all the time I just drink it because it’s there .. before you know it you’ve have your daily goal.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ice, lots of ice. I can always drink more water when its cold.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Flavor it!
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle at home that holds 750ml. I sip that through the day. I also like hot drinks but limit to 3 a day. Still training myself to drink more water.