How to lose thigh fat and get thigh gap?

Options

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I just barely have a thigh gap. I'm 5 foot 9 and 135 lbs and I have narrow/straight hips. To be honest, I really wanted one again and now that mine is back, I'm not sure what the point of it is...

Anyways, strength train your legs and eat in a deficit. You need enough of a muscle base in your legs or else they'll just be flabby. And, you need to be lean enough so that the fat from your inner thighs goes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    How to lose thigh fat and get thigh gap?

What is so good about a thigh gap?

https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/the-truth-about-thigh-gaps-the-myth-about-how-to-get-a-thigh-gap

The thing is that you don't get to pick where you lose fat from and the size of your thighs and width of your hips may be something you can not alter with diet and exercise past a certain point.

You are a healthy weight. Your goal should more reasonable losing .5 lb a week so more like 1,200-1,300 if you are sedentary. If you are active more. If you eat 1,000 calories you are eating below the 1,200 minimum calorie recommendation to get adequate nutrition.
    My personal opinion is that your current weight looks good on you. Might be better to just maintain and do more strength training. I understand that it takes a lot of work and time to get bulky muscles so I would not be concerned about that.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Op as others have mentioned thigh gap is based on genetics. I really don't understand where and why this thigh gap trend started and why some women want it. I personally don't care for it, I prefer not to have it but I've lost weight and noticed I actually have it. It makes sense because I'm pear shape with very wide hip bone structure. I'm shorter than you 5'(1.5)2" and weigh 142.5lb and unfortunately I have it even though I'm still not at my goal weight of 125-130lb. You look great as you are, don't stress yourself about it.
  • tamber93
    tamber93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @tamber93 - Stick deodorant. Seriously. Like Lady Speedstick, or one of the other solid ones - rub it on, no chub rub. It's a flippin miracle that fits in your purse.

Lol! Thank you. That’s genius!!

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    tamber93 wrote: »
    Why does it matter WHY she cares about it. Some people care about thigh gaps for a very good reason: chafing. It’s not all about “looks” or being trendy. In my personal experience, I’m about the same build as the original poster of this thread and my thighs chafe like crazy in the summer and it burns and it’s irritating. I know I wouldn’t mind a thigh gap - if my thighs didn’t touch and chafe each other, hallelujah! Maybe she was asking because of something like this, so I don’t think anyone has any right to criticize and laugh on HER post. I, too, wouldn’t mind learning about certain exercises to tone that particular area :)

@tamber93 - Stick deodorant. Seriously. Like Lady Speedstick, or one of the other solid ones - rub it on, no chub rub. It's a flippin miracle that fits in your purse.

or body glide which was a life saver to me when i had a chafing issue
    https://www.amazon.com/HSA/pages/default?pageId=783AA665-3A8B-4C84-A90B-4D9ABF150C52&store_ref=SPONSORED_SEARCH_AC2P0H7JCBJPVE4&store_ref=SPONSORED_SEARCH_AC2P0H7JCBJPVE4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3365067662&pd_rd_wg=8LKVw&pf_rd_r=XWJNR47D4F4E26HACA4P&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_w=2aigz&pf_rd_i=body+glide&pd_rd_r=d1920c2e-91d2-4bfc-831b-ec995d130c60&hsa_cr_id=5219579670901

or bandlettes for sexy anti-chafing lol

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bandelettes-Thigh-Bands-Black-Dolce-E/964170914?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=13918&adid=22222222227122601022&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=234682998406&wl4=pla-386575173525&wl5=9011910&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=118787432&wl11=online&wl12=964170914&wl13=&veh=sem

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Why does it matter WHY she cares about it. Some people care about thigh gaps for a very good reason: chafing. It’s not all about “looks” or being trendy. In my personal experience, I’m about the same build as the original poster of this thread and my thighs chafe like crazy in the summer and it burns and it’s irritating. I know I wouldn’t mind a thigh gap - if my thighs didn’t touch and chafe each other, hallelujah! Maybe she was asking because of something like this, so I don’t think anyone has any right to criticize and laugh on HER post. I, too, wouldn’t mind learning about certain exercises to tone that particular area :)

I have thigh gap other than at the very top (cos genetics), and still have to deal with chaffing, just caused by my shorts material rubbing against my thighs instead. So thigh gap isn't a guaranteed saviour from that.

I'd say that a lot of males have a thigh gap...still have to deal with chaffing...
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Oh, fun! Take a look! If I stand up straight, no thigh gap. But when I bend just slightly, voila, visible gap!

2rybyxgtzyeu.jpg

nptlvj60i1c8.jpg

I wonder if I'd have a thigh gap if I do that?

EDIT: bummer nope. Still squishy
  • tamber93
    tamber93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

or body glide which was a life saver to me when i had a chafing issue
    https://www.amazon.com/HSA/pages/default?pageId=783AA665-3A8B-4C84-A90B-4D9ABF150C52&store_ref=SPONSORED_SEARCH_AC2P0H7JCBJPVE4&store_ref=SPONSORED_SEARCH_AC2P0H7JCBJPVE4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3365067662&pd_rd_wg=8LKVw&pf_rd_r=XWJNR47D4F4E26HACA4P&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_w=2aigz&pf_rd_i=body+glide&pd_rd_r=d1920c2e-91d2-4bfc-831b-ec995d130c60&hsa_cr_id=5219579670901

or bandlettes for sexy anti-chafing lol

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bandelettes-Thigh-Bands-Black-Dolce-E/964170914?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=13918&adid=22222222227122601022&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=234682998406&wl4=pla-386575173525&wl5=9011910&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=118787432&wl11=online&wl12=964170914&wl13=&veh=sem

That’s awesome haha. I’ll get some body glide for running. Thanks !
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

I have thigh gap other than at the very top (cos genetics), and still have to deal with chaffing, just caused by my shorts material rubbing against my thighs instead. So thigh gap isn't a guaranteed saviour from that.

I'd say that a lot of males have a thigh gap...still have to deal with chaffing...

Mine is compounded by the fact my skin takes any excuse to form eczema, so I have to be extra careful.

Oh, I also have those supposedly coveted dimples on my lower back/sacrum area, and a 'bikini bridge' when lying down (my little round belly, which I'm quite fond of, fyi, gets in the way when standing). Envy of teenage girls everywhere :D
  • newtoketo2017
    newtoketo2017 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thanks love ❤️
  • newtoketo2017
    newtoketo2017 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who answered my question. How to do calorie deficit?
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who answered my question. How to do calorie deficit?

Put your stats into the app and put i how much weight you want to lose and follow it by tracking your calories
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    London423 wrote: »
    Liposuction and any type of fat freezing or burning causes long-term cell hypertrophy and lots of long-term health problems. It isn't magic. http://roguehealthandfitness.com/dangers-of-liposuction/ You can check this out and https://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/weekinreview/01kolata.html, and there is so much more. Liposuction is a dangerous and harmful scam. Short term results do equal the long-term.

stop posting this on zombie threads.