Under 1000 calories?

Options
Hello guys I've recently started eating lower calorie foods and smaller portions and I've noticed that I'm only grossing about 800 a day but I don't feel hungry or any malnourishment I worked off about 750 calories? So I'm not sure what to do

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat a lot more. Your body is being fueled on 50 calories (if accurate), which is extremely dangerous. Malnourishment doesn’t happen in one day, but your body still needs calories.

Agreed.

The minimum MFP will give you as a net goal is 1200. Eat that.

OP is male, FYI
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    snowraven1 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm a 73yo woman, 157cms tall, and experiencing exactly the same problem. Right now it's probably not such an issue, but once I start dance training again (i.e. as from Sunday) and start doing cardio, etc at gym, it will! (And it's not that I'm logging incorrectly; I'm logging everything!)
    Can anyone suggest things that could be added to increase the calorie intake but not increase carbs, fat or protein?

That's impossible. Carbs, fat and protein are the macronutrients which comprise all foods. If it has none of those three things (e.g., water), it has no calories.

Alcohol ;)

Carbs?

Only if it's not pure
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Log more accurately and more honestly.

Why do you assume they're not logging correctly?
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Log more accurately and more honestly.

Why do you assume they're not logging correctly?

...but if you're only eating small amounts there's less chance of error in calorie counting than if you're eating a lot. If you're claiming 800 calories it would be difficult to be out by even 50%, not counting the exercise calories, and 1200 kcals would still be a low figure.

My original comment was intended to question why it was thought that the op might be mis counting, as if its somehow impossible to eat a small number of calories per day, when clearly it isnt.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    (I personally think 0.75% is a better maximum number to aim for but 1% seems to be more commonly circulated).

well, I will chime in and say that while 1% or even slightly faster may be perfectly fine for a morbidly obese individual, a person closer to the normal range may benefit by not exceeding the 0.5% to 1% range