1st week in and no loss

Options
2»

Replies

• 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It does take time, water weight fluctuates a lot, plus the physical weight of food in your system can add a good bit. I've seen fluctuations of up to 10lbs depending on the time of month, time of day etc. More than likely next week or so, you'll have a good loss.
  • Hannah5147
    Hannah5147 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies . I'm done 2lbs now and I'm feel motivated.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    1. A week is not enough time to know if something is working or not. Wait at least 5-6 weeks of consistent accurate logging (no homemade/generic, use grams or oz) before you decide its not working.
    2. You are allowing your fitbit to adjust calories for you which may not be the best thing to do since you are eating back most of those calories. You may not be in a deficit if you continue to allow it to adjust.
    3. Have a reasonable calorie goal. 0.5-1 pound a week is sufficient for most.
    4. Have patience. You didn't gain it all in 1 week so you won't lose it that fast either.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hannah5147 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies . I'm done 2lbs now and I'm feel motivated.

Good to hear.
    Just remember it won't come off evenly, and you will have up and down weeks. It's just the way life is. So don't be discouraged when you don't lose (or even gain) one week to the next. Keep with the program and it works long term.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    ITUSGirl51 wrote: »
    Others may not agree, but I usually wait about a month or more to weigh when I start a ‘diet’. I just want to focus on eating better, moving more and being kinder to myself. I don’t want the scale to derail any of the good things I’m doing for myself. When I feel smaller (clothes looser) I will get the courage to weigh.

This.
    I really don't see results until at least six weeks after I put my best foot forward. I also advise you to put the scale away. Go by some other kind of measure. Are you sleeping better? If you're adding in exercise, do you find you like it? Are you feeling more energetic? Scales can't be the only way to measure your success, especially since weight loss isn't linear. Hang in there. It won't do you any good to give up, so just keep working at it. :heart: