I've lost weight on Keto but I need to recommit

Options
Hey folks!

I began a hflc ketogenic last spring and I lost a significant amount of weight. Then I began to get more relaxed about logging my macros and the weight loss has stalled or a number of months. While I have no real desire to become "skinny" ever again, I do want to be as healthy as I can be. For me that means whole, nutritious, non-processed foods which support my continued well-being, a weight that allows me to move and be in the world with ease and to regain a high level of fitness.

I do not use scales as I seem incapable of not becoming obsessed with the number on the scale. Part of my journey back to wellness is to also stop behaviours that reinforce all the internalized negative programming from my past. I use a measuring tape, instead. This allows me to track my progress (or lack thereof) and plan accordingly. I actually find it to be more motivating because if I am losing then it will most certainly show on the tape, whereas the scale might indicate I've gained despite my improvements. For instance, when I'm weight training I will often go up on the scale despite my clothes getting looser. I find the measuring tape to hold me accountable while being more loving towards myself.

I have been doing this primarily on my own but this year I want to connect with people who are not only supportive but inspiring; people who want the life they are capable of having rather than the one they "put up with". I also want to connect authentically with people who are the type of leaders who live their goals and encourage others to stretch their comfort zones. I miss being encouraged to risk failing in the pursuit of massive goals knowing that, even if I don't quite make it, I am way further ahead than if I'd never tried. I don't want any gurus or know-it-alls but in the past I've resisted connecting with people who I've feared would look down their nose at me. I can see that I was being exactly who I feared they would be. I've worried that the hard bodied men and women striving for their own goals would judge me for the state that I have now found myself in. No doubt, some will, but I realize that most people love seeing other people succeed and love, even more, being a part of helping others reach their goals; I know in my areas of expertise I do. So I am open to listening to people I would normally tune out until I feel "worthy". I'm choosing worthy of inspiration TODAY.

Goals 2018:
I will like to be down 2 full clothing sizes by June
I would like to hike the West Coast Trail this summer
Make career choices that require increased self-acceptance/confidence
Take a tropical vacation next December

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,803 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community. :)
  • DailyGoals4Me
    DailyGoals4Me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been on a keto diet as well for about 6 months and starting to lose my motivation as I start wanting to increase the selection of foods. Let me know how you are progressing in your journey. I like your goals!