371 cals left for dinner after a cookie incident...

... by which I mean I shopped for, baked, and ate 850 calories worth of cookies after eating a perfectly good breakfast and lunch. Seemed like a good idea at the time. So what do I do with my 371 cals? I did hit the gym this morning but I think the cookies gave me back enough energy I could hit the treadmill for a bit.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Got stuff to whip up a nice soup? I have a Thai butternut soup recipe that comes to a little under 300 cals per serve (and a fair bit of that is in the coconut milk), to which I add Greek yoghurt for protein.

Also, sounds like it was a fantastic idea!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Veggie bowl- stirfry with lots of veggie and lean protein of choice-
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    1 slice of Bacon Veggie Frittata ... 309 calories; Mixed vegetable fritatta (1 cup) 188 calories plus a piece of fruit. 3 oz grilled hamburg ... 218 calories ... maybe some light vegetables and fruit for that last 100+ calories... I only can eat 1200 calories a day to lose weight so all I need is a too big breakfast or lunch or too many cookie snacks and I am easily in the same boat ... today ate 2 x 2 yummy fudge brownie (210 calories) along with too many crackers & Peanut butter (250 calories) ... supper was stuffed pepper soup (239 calories) + oyster crackers 60 calories. I try to have some backup low cal homemade soups in fridge or freezer for those days that go awry, and I do fall back on eggs quite a bit...
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    oh by the way that was 1 cup of soup
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I do have a bunch of veggies and could go the soup or stir fry option. If I ever stop vibrating enough to be safe near the open flame.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Oh I’m at maintenance and just made a questionable decision :'(
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Oh I’m at maintenance and just made a questionable decision :'(

It's okay. It happens. I hope the cookies were yummy.

If you're twitching/hyper, it's not a bad idea to get some exercise/movement in. If you're a weight lifter, you could use the extra boost to shoot for a new PR.

But, 370 cals is a good amount for dinner. Load up on the veggies and protein. Include a carb if you wish.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    I went 300 over on Wednesday. I ordered hummus and 2 orders of grilled veggies at Zoe’s. They brought pita. I ate it. I didn’t mean to, but.... It stalled my weight loss for one day, but now I’m back losing again and I have a plan for next time.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,836 MFP Moderator
    Boy, I'd love to have a cookie incident after reading this thread! :smiley:
  • gknopp87
    gknopp87 Posts: 18 Member
    A can of chunk tuna split over a couple of tortillas. Add some sliced onion, maybe some green pepper & tomato and the low calorie condiment of your choice. Pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds. High-protein, filling and just over 300 cal.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    my go to super light meals are tuna, salad, tomato soup, eggs w/ veg (like a cheeseless omelette)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Grilled cheese and tomato soup is my go-to. Feels like real food (which salad never does for me).
  • Kayla647
    Kayla647 Posts: 42 Member
    For low calorie meals I have a chicken breast with seasoned cooked broccoli, delicious and a nice sized plate for little calories
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    I ended up taking my jitters to the gym and did a cardio variety hour, but here’s an under 300 cal dinner anyway. Cup of Amy’s soup and a toastie with a bit of chicken and mustard. ywq2nwqwe3qr.jpeg

Mmm... forget the cookies, I'll have what they're having!
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 402 Member
    Ha ha, today I have 4 calories left for dinner after a cookie incident after lunch. :blush: I wish I had 371 left!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    mlinci wrote: »
    Ha ha, today I have 4 calories left for dinner after a cookie incident after lunch. :blush: I wish I had 371 left!

Turn it into a "cheat day"! Dinner is the cheat meal... :p
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Particularly as you're in maintenance, I'd just eat normally and eat whatever I had planned to eat...maintenance calories really aren't a specific number, they're a range. Beyond that, going over here and there isn't going to do anything as the human body is very adept at using excess energy for good in the short run. You have to consistently overeat to override your body's ability to maintain homeostasis just as you have to consistently undereat...
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    For 371 calories, I'd eat a piece of chicken and lots of veggies. That should fill you up and come in right on calories.