drinking water is drying me out!

Options

Replies

• supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If your vitamins are giving you a headache, you should switch! I looked at the vitamin you are taking and it has some possible headache inducers (like green tea extract). Keep in mind that you get a lot of water from what you eat every day (as long as you are eating veggies and fruits and such) so I think you should drink what your body wants. I would honestly up your fruit/veggie intake with a smoothie. They are really hydrating and low calorie if you make em at home! (and cheap :D) good luck!!
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking water for like 6 months already, but I wasn't drinking only water lol when I went out to eat or if there was soda in the house I would drink it. I don't buy soda, I can really only have Sprite cause I'm allergic to caffeine but if we're having people over I buy it for them then end up drinking it myself.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    The real question is, how much are you exercising? If you're spending a lot of time outdoors without sunscreen or if you're sweating up a storm you could actually be LOSING water, even if you think you're drinking a lot more than usual. Maybe you're just not drinking enough to replenish what you've lost. Do you feel well hydrated?
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    Yea I don't like the idea of taking vitamins anyway I'm horrible at remembering them. I used to make smoothies but found that they didn't do anything for my hunger, in fact they made me hungrier so I quit lol but I do love them so maybe next time I go to the store I'll get the smoothie stuff again. I was making mine with plain yogurt, frozen fruit, and fruit juice. Is there a better way?
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    I do all my exercising indoors lol I try to stay in as much as possible in the summer time. I exercise about 5 times a week for 45-60 minutes but like I said its indoors and I drink a lot more when I exercise. I guess my body is still getting used to all the changes.
  • spaz2phreek
    Options
    So glad you asked this question! I'm slowly trying to increase the amount a water I drink. From drinking mostly soda & juice to adding a bottle of water a week (which is 16 oz, so 2 cups). Also working on opting for drink additives (like Crystal Light) instead of the regular, high sugar juices. Hopefully I won't have a lot of issues if it's sort of a gradual change. But at least I'll know now it's if it's normal.
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    I hadn't been drinking that much soda or juice for the past few months, mainly water but since switching to only water its been a big difference. Its been almost a week since I joined MFP and I have been starving everyday! I'm hoping that I get used to it very soon cause I've been miserable lol I'm gonna stick it out though cause no pain no gain! Wish you the best on your journey!
  • lbarber29
    lbarber29 Posts: 1
    Options
    The same thing is happening with me, except it is just my lips. They are as dry as when I don't drink enough water, and I do at least 8 glasses a day...
  • JNRGriffin
    JNRGriffin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I noticed this too. Increased my water intake and the next day my hands (hands ONLY) were cracking and speckled and bumpy.... It's finally starting to improve after over a week. I definitely notice getting thirstier when up my intake too - like you're waking your body up to how much you need it, or something. But the hands thing is weirding me out....
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I been taking fish oil pills, and drink Abit more water then the average bear. Skin seems fine
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Could be from weather changes or other external factors! Try a thick moisturizer lotion and moisturize all over right after you shower and whenever you feel extra dry! sitting in AC all day, sitting in the sun for a long time, or experiencing cold winters can all impact the skin! I'm personally prone to very dry skin and I live in northern Ohio so my skin takes a beating. I'd try out a nice moisturizer (not like the bath and body works ones- try an avenno or St. Ives type thing! The ones meant for dry skin). If you have dry skin on your face I really like the Clinique moisturizer (I can't remember what it's called specifically but the cream is yellow!) I can't imagine that water would be drying out your skin, so definitely try to pinpoint when your skin is the driest to see if you can figure out another cause. And I'll say it again, moisturizer, moisturizer, moisturizer!

Edit: I said moisturize so many time in that post that I now think it's a weird word hahaa
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    grKnG0p.png

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    WTH?

This thread is almost 7 years old!! :D:D
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    grKnG0p.png

Heh, I only noticed because OP said it's been super hot in FL, and I thought "wait, didn't it recently snow in FL"? Check date, ah ha! 2011, I vaguely remember you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're drinking less water than you were when drinking soda. I don't know where you live, but in many areas the air is dryer, the heat is on more, etc. Or it could be a change in diet, exercise, etc.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Wtf this thread is from 2011
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I, too, seem to get more thirsty the more water I drink. Try to drink half a my weight in lbs. in ounces daily. Thank goodness I am thirsty! It wasn't temporary for me--going on about 3 years.
    talysshade wrote: »
    it might be a reaction.. i mean, not directly but when i started drinking more water i did suddenly become really really thirsty all the time, even though i was drinking more than ever. it's probably just temporary.