Hi - trying again

Options
fionajayneminter
fionajayneminter Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there my name is Fiona and I am in the UK in the beautiful county of Kent.
I am trying to get healthy and lose weight, although my mum is terminally ill and we only found out the wed before Christmas - so my mind isn't where it should be, but am trying. I have logged for 6 days now and have been apart from last night, only eating my allowed calories and exercise calories, as my son cooked fajitas and although I knew I could only have one - with the trimmings, I had two.... :smiley:
I am Gluten free too, but that shouldn't stop me...
I am married with three boys, two are adults and the other 13 and in year 9 at school.I am a nurse by profession, but was redeployed into an admin role - still in the NHS - due to a back problem that resulted in surgery - all good now though.
Would love to connect with like minded people and I believe doing this is better as a group of friends to motivate each other. A motivation buddy would be great :smiley:
Unfortunately I suffer with fibromyalgia, which is horrible and debilitating, but I will not let it beat me... :neutral:
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Have a great day
Fiona x

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hello Fiona. We have a lot in common. I live in Kent, I used to work NHS, currently work for KCC, im sorry to hear about your mum, I hope all is going well and she is getting goodcare. I have fibromyalgia but it's not too troublesome. I've been on this site for over four years and am 70 years old. Good luck with the weight loss and mum.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello from Calgary, Canada! I am of British descent, my grandparents were from Worksop! Sorry about your Mom, that is very stressful. Just do the best you can and celebrate your victories, no matter how small you think they are! I have been down this road before, having lost over 50 lbs using MFP and exercise in 2010-2011. I was able to keep it off for over 3 years but allowed myself to go back to old bad habits and gained it all back over 2 years. I am back now but not letting it rule my life like I did last time.

Good luck to you both!
  • 1beetleboy
    1beetleboy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fiona nice to see your post I am from near Niagara Falls Canada, I understand struggles with weight loss, you have a number of challenges but you seem very positive. Keep working at it and God Bless.