Hi from Florida, anyone else fasting?

Options
Hello all :) Not new to MFP but fell off the wagon about 4 years ago when I ended up in the hospital with pancreatitis and gallstones right after I hit my final goal. So here I am 4 years later and 90lbs heavier. I've done it once before with intermittent fasting and hopefully, it will work out well for me again. Feel free to add me :smile:

Replies

• lucyparmenter
    lucyparmenter Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to fast?
  • Holygoddess
    Holygoddess Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I fast between my last meal at night shift around 4am, then I sleep and eat again around 5pm. So 12+ hour fasts. It’s working for me now that I’m not drinking!
  • Holygoddess
    Holygoddess Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    PS also from Florida!
  • Dc_Unit3d305
    Dc_Unit3d305 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    From florida !! On a 16 hr here
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 15-17 hour fasts. I love it. Less meal prepping, less calorie counting, and I'm not as sluggish in the morning.
  • hikerlynn
    hikerlynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 2nd only eating dinner. I love it, lots of energy, not very hungry during the day. So I fast from about 8 pm to 7 pm the next night. I'm just a little worried that I might be eating too little, since I can only eat some 600 to 700 calories at dinner. But I have 75 lbs to lose. A previous diet I did was through a hospital and I just drank there shakes and that was 500 c a day, so I hope this is okay. I lost 115 lbs on that diet, but gained most of it back.
  • ahealthieremmy18
    ahealthieremmy18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I recently discovered intermitten fasting and decided to give it a try. I decided to start with a 16/8, meaning I fast for 16 hours and eat for 8. However, it is only Day 2 and already I have failed.
  • FloridaGirl8o
    FloridaGirl8o Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing JUDDD, I restrict my food to no more than 500 calories like today since today is day 1 for me, and then tomorrow I'll eat like I normally would within reason. It takes some getting used to but I find I def have more energy. I think the hardest part is figuring out the 500 calorie foods for the day so I try to prepare my food for my 500 days in advance. I'm also starting Insanity which I finished before and loved what it did for my body.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I recently discovered intermitten fasting and decided to give it a try. I decided to start with a 16/8, meaning I fast for 16 hours and eat for 8. However, it is only Day 2 and already I have failed.

Start off slow with like a 14/10 split instead and work your way up, that what I did. :) I'm now doing 18/6 and 19/5.

Welcome FloridaGirl :), I'll add you in a second!
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Florida here and I have fasted in the past but have not lately. How are you going to do it?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I generally fast from about 10 pm till 2 pm the next day. Sometimes if I've had a few high calorie days I'll do a 36 hour fast (10 pm till 10 am 2 days later). Makes things easier for me because I like big meals.
  • Jaydensmamma
    Jaydensmamma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Also in Florida! I try for at the very least a 12hr fast but its not often I give in at 12hrs. My fasting is 16/8 most days.
  • Jaydensmamma
    Jaydensmamma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, Im in Florida for now anyway. Im moving in a few months.
  • 1beetleboy
    1beetleboy Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I plan to fast from my last evening meal approximately 6 pm until 6 am the next day. I consume about 1650 calories daily but some night I grab a tablespoon of peanut butter.

By the way I live close to Niagara Falls Canada.
  • FloridaGirl8o
    FloridaGirl8o Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's the great thing about fasting, u can play around with it until u find something that works for you, I personally find it hard to go all day without eating something because then I'm always afraid of overdoing it when it does come time to eat, which is why I do the 500 calories a day spread out. I def think it's something that is a personal choice and has to work with you and your schedule.
  • deepwoodshiker
    deepwoodshiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doing IF regularly, worked my way up to 24 hour fasts twice a week, switching next week to two 36 hour fasts per week. Absolutely love this lifestyle when combined with ketogenic eating-minimal cravings!
  • ahealthieremmy18
    ahealthieremmy18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Falklang wrote: »
    Hi there!

Start off slow with like a 14/10 split instead and work your way up, that what I did. :) I'm now doing 18/6 and 19/5.

Welcome FloridaGirl :), I'll add you in a second!

Thanks so much for the tip! I am going to start off with a 14/10 as you suggested and work my way up. How long did you stay on the 14/10 before changing it again? If you don’t mind me asking. ☺️
  • Fit4Anarchy
    Fit4Anarchy Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I do the warrior split 20/4...started off 18/6. I, like some others I'm sure, fell off over the holidays but am starting back on it now. It's a lifestyle, in my opinion, not a diet but I love it!