2 weeks at this and no change. More details in post

Options
I’ve been counting calories for about 2 weeks. Usually I give myself about 1500-1700 calories. I don’t think I can go lower. I’ve “behaved”. I weighed myself today only to find out I haven’t lost anything. Now I know weight loss isn’t linear but damn. Not even 1 pound?

Has anybody ever experienced this , kept going , and lost a bunch of weight ? I’m hoping I’ll see a big loss when I weigh myself in February.

What keeps you motivated when you don’t see results ? I’m feeling pretty disappointed.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat? If you aren't losing there's a really good chance you are eating more than you think.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Do you weigh everything you eat? If you aren't losing there's a really good chance you are eating more than you think.
    Yes I do always
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Keep it up but tweek it. Buy a digital kitchen scale if you haven't already. Pay closer attention to your sodium and alcohol intake because those can cause you to retain water and seem like you're not losing anything especially if it's the day before your weigh in day. Add more fresh veg and fruits and high fiber foods to your diet. They make you feel fuller with fewer calories. Add more excercise to your daily and/or weekly routine so you burn even more calories than you consume. Take it one day at a time and just keep working at it the best you can. Progress is often slow but you will see results if you stick to it and tweek where necessary.

I have hit plateaus and although they can be frustrating they can also be overcome.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    y9f94v3sbwi9.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I’ve been counting calories for about 2 weeks. Usually I give myself about 1500-1700 calories. I don’t think I can go lower. I’ve “behaved”. I weighed myself today only to find out I haven’t lost anything. Now I know weight loss isn’t linear but damn. Not even 1 pound?

Has anybody ever experienced this , kept going , and lost a bunch of weight ? I’m hoping I’ll see a big loss when I weigh myself in February.

What keeps you motivated when you don’t see results ? I’m feeling pretty disappointed.

The actual number on the scale was always low on my priority list of successful results. I looked more towards my fitness improving...blood work improving (at the time I was having quarterly blood work done), etc.

Other than that, it's only been 2 weeks...given your calorie intake (not knowing your stats or activity level), you could be in a very small deficit at 1500-1700 calories...particularly if you're closer to 1700 most of the time. If you're in a very small deficit, it can take some time for actual fat loss to show up on the scale because normal body weight fluctuations can mask things on the scale...normal body weight fluctuations for me can easily be 2-3 Lbs day to day...so let's say I set myself up to lose 1 Lb per week...I don't weigh myself until 2 weeks in...I unknowingly am having a day where I have fluctuated up naturally by 2 or 3 Lbs due to water or waste...nothing is going to show on the scale.

You basically are only working with 2 data points...your starting and your two week weigh in...that's really not even close to enough data for any kind of meaningful analysis, particularly if your deficit is pretty small. Two weeks is a drop in the proverbial bucket...

Do you know what your maintenance calories are?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Are you female? Your cycle causes water retention that masks fat loss. This may happen during ovulation or TOM. Have you begun, changed, or increased exercise? That also can cause water retention. Do you wear any close fitting clothes that are a tiny bit looser or more comfortable.? You won't notice much change in fit right away if wearing looser or stretchy clothes.