Question re: daily calorie allotment

Now obviously it's best to excercise as much as possible, but on the days when you can't is it just me or are the calories really low. Like sometimes I feel like I'm starving on 1200 calories. Anyone else?

Replies

• MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    I normally find 1200 enough to be honest. You just have to make good choices. Healthy wraps or pittas are filling and low cal, soups and stir fries are good for when you don't have many calories left. Obviously if you're used to eating a lot more then it takes a bit of getting used to but if you stick at it then it does get easier.
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Ditto all the way. It is like I have to exercise to not be hungry. I am totally there with you, I'd love to hear the answers!!!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    It does to me.. like toda i have not exercised yet, but i went to movies and i even brought my own bag of popcorn in my purse i still have no calories left, I drank a shake for lunch had a pop tart yes that was bad for breakfeast, and then i had my popcorn im calling it dinner.
    Now it is only 4 pm and i have the rest of the day i cant eat.. but that is my own fault i supose. So now im gonna go exercise, maybe ill have room for some kinda low cal snak when it hits me. I need help to the way i see it.
  • niciivey
    niciivey Posts: 40 Member
    I thought this for a while too, but now I have found that it is easier than it seemed at first. Like MichelleF81 said, you just have to make good choices. I am now finding myself sometimes way under my calorie goals before i even add on my workouts.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    It does to me.. like toda i have not exercised yet, but i went to movies and i even brought my own bag of popcorn in my purse i still have no calories left, I drank a shake for lunch had a pop tart yes that was bad for breakfeast, and then i had my popcorn im calling it dinner.
    Now it is only 4 pm and i have the rest of the day i cant eat.. but that is my own fault i supose. So now im gonna go exercise, maybe ill have room for some kinda low cal snak when it hits me. I need help to the way i see it.

So you've had,

a shake
    pop tart
    popcorn

That's all you're eating today? Not that healthy. No wonder you're hungry.
  • I just started a few days ago and today was the first day that I did not exercise and I feel the same way. 1200 calories is just not enough. But hopefully, once my body gets used to this, it will become easier.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    What I find is that when I allow myself the simple carbs with white flour white sugar popcorn etc I end up feeling more hungry. When you feed your body more nutrients...fruit, veggies, whole grains etc it is getting what it needs and so you can get by with eating less calories and not feeling hungry.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    I've been doing 1200 calories this week to jump start my weight lose. Besides last night, I've stayed very close to that even with working out (I have not eaten back calories this week) The plan I'm following breaks down what I should be eating at each meal to help keep me satisfied and feeling full.
    Here's the break down:
    Breakfast~200 calories 15g Carbs 23g Protein 6g Fat
    Snack~100 calories 8g Carbs 12g Protein 3g Fat
    Lunch~400 calories 30g Carbs 45g Protein 11g Fat
    Snack~100 calories 8g Carbs 12g Protein 3g Fat
    Dinner~~400 calories 30g Carbs 45g Protein 11g Fat
    HTH.
  • I am on 1300 cal diet and I often have 500 or 600 left,Its not good for me to eat under my minimum I know this but If i eat proper healthy choices I am not hungry so I dont feel the need to push it.I will list my meals for today just so you can see.Tonight we are having salad with chicken and cheese.I find for myself if I do not snack all day Im less hungry,eat 3 decent meals a day and fill up on water in between and if you need a snack go for fruit or veggies :)
    breakfast today:

fat free latte made with skim milk,espresso and Syrup ( im out of sf syrup so my cal was a little more)
    .75 cup fresh raspberries
    =278 cal

lunch today:

1 cup spinach
    1 cup blueberries
    1 cup strawberries
    1.5 banana
    .5 cup fat freen danon plain yogurt
    blended all together to make lowfat delicious smoothie
    = 309 cal
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 718 Member
    I just don't think that is enough to eat.... dstrbdangel but if it's working for ya then great.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Eat lots of fruit and veggies! 3/4 of my plate at meal time is veggies and if I need a snack I will have an apple or other fruit. Make sure you drink plenty as thirst can sometimes be mistaken for hunger.
    I hardly find myself eating my 1200 cals and I think that's down to the amount of vegetables and fruit I eat.
  • Right now Im doing the best I can,life has been really hard,my dear grandmother passed away just over a week ago so anymore I find myself forcing down tha cals I do eat so right now it will have to work lol maybe soon ill feel better and be able to eat more :)
  • Well it is all in the choice of foods you eat. Choose foods high in protien and fibre that fill you up more. Protien foods such as chicken and fish are tipicaly lower in calories.