weekends are the worst for me

Options
Why do I always seem to do worse during the weekends?? Crushing the good days I worked for all week? Willpower where are you?????????

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't rely on willpower for something as basic as eating. How big a deficit are you aiming for, and what's your height and current weight?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    happens to most of us

try pre logging, forces you to face facts before hand instead of just regretting it later
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What specifically about the weekends is hard for you? Is it the lack of a normal routine? Are you bored? Are you encountering foods you don't often encounter during the week? If you share what isn't working, we may be able to help.
  • misskitty2018
    misskitty2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    happens to most of us

try pre logging, forces you to face facts before hand instead of just regretting it later

I like this idea......thanks
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat less during the week so that I can eat more on weekends. Maybe keep track of your weekly calorie totals instead of daily?
  • shannonprovenzano2812
    shannonprovenzano2812 Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I tend to go out to eat often on the weekends, and I also usually have a few drinks, so the weekends are worse for me as well. I tend to eat really well Sun-Thurs and "bank" some calories. Meaning if I'm 100 calories under my goal on Monday night, I can use them on Friday or Saturday. I always weigh myself on Friday morning so I don't get discouraged due to any water weight that may throw off my numbers during the weekend due to sodium, beer, etc.
  • shelbyportercla
    shelbyportercla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! For me, it's usually the lack of routine that messes me up. It makes Friday nights easy to lay around eating chips or pizza! Plus, Saturdays are usually filled with date nights/brunch with mom or pretty much anything that revolves around food. Lately, I've made Friday night another gym night, so it's just part of my routine now. I'm still working out the Saturday issue but I've been trying to add activities into my day instead of it just being an eat-nap-repeat day. When we do go out, I'll usually look at the menu before we get there to see what will fit in my calories. Good luck!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you restricting too much during the week? If you are carrying too big a deficit or are trying to cut out all your favorite foods, your willpower will run out, there usually isn't a way around that.

If that's not it, prelogging can definitely help. If you can be more specific, you might get more targeted tips as well. Good luck!
  • misskitty2018
    Options
    I eat less during the week so that I can eat more on weekends. Maybe keep track of your weekly calorie totals instead of daily?

another great idea! tu ;)
  • misskitty2018
    Options
    I tend to go out to eat often on the weekends, and I also usually have a few drinks, so the weekends are worse for me as well. I tend to eat really well Sun-Thurs and "bank" some calories. Meaning if I'm 100 calories under my goal on Monday night, I can use them on Friday or Saturday. I always weigh myself on Friday morning so I don't get discouraged due to any water weight that may throw off my numbers during the weekend due to sodium, beer, etc.

smart! I'm gonna try this out, thx ;)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I second what @shelbyportell92 said. I added a run on Sundays. I found that my sister wanted to do something too, so now we spend Sunday mornings together. We run 5-6 miles, and then go get a coffee and share a cheese bagel. EVERY Sunday unless one of us is sick or out of town. Now I'm adding a deep water fitness class to Saturday mornings. Add something fun like a class or a hike with a friend. Then you look forward to it. Pretty soon, it's just part of your weekend.
  • misskitty2018
    Options
    I have the same problem! For me, it's usually the lack of routine that messes me up. It makes Friday nights easy to lay around eating chips or pizza! Plus, Saturdays are usually filled with date nights/brunch with mom or pretty much anything that revolves around food. Lately, I've made Friday night another gym night, so it's just part of my routine now. I'm still working out the Saturday issue but I've been trying to add activities into my day instead of it just being an eat-nap-repeat day. When we do go out, I'll usually look at the menu before we get there to see what will fit in my calories. Good luck!

thanks for all the good info and tips!