heya i'm new

Options
Hi my name is joey and i'm a 300 pound 34 year old guy. started this weight loss so i can go on rides at amusement parks and so i can do stuff with my family ... having to get off rides cause i was too big was a big slap in the face. i didn't consult anyone about my diet but i figured i would try a 1200 diet since i heard that's the minimum your body needs to survive. since then i read that that is a bad thing so i upped my calorie intake to around 1500-1600 a day and added at least a hour of combined walking a day. I hope i lose this weight and can stay on this diet it is hard because i lived on fast food. If anyone has any comments feel free to post

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck!
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think the 1500-1600 calories is a lot better, and walking is a great way to burn off some of the calories!! I wish you the best with your weight loss!! Feel free to add me if you want motivation, anyone else can feel free to add me too for motivation!
  • Sushifish87
    Options
    Find what works best for you, there is not 1 diet fixes all! Plus I've started to learn your diet is what you eat, your intake, not a temp change you make to lose weight. Took me a long time to realize that, really realize that.

This is a link to an idea that might help you, I've modified it to something that works for me
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Also I found the beliefs and ideas from nerdfitness.com helped a lot. It taught me every change matters, even if its just thinking more positive in your life. Also that you can't pick a diet and have it work 100% without suffering, you need to make changes that fit you as a person otherwise they wont stick.
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    Good luck! The first step is just trying.
  • raymondstott
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck with your goal
  • zombieman72
    zombieman72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i am back.. need new friends any support is welcome
  • skinnyminny167
    skinnyminny167 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm back too.. lol x
  • emily_platinum90
    emily_platinum90 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anyone welcome to add me im new here aswell. On my 9th day of fitness and feeling good. My body has been going through withdraws. But def feeling better
  • trawillcy2018
    trawillcy2018 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've added you :)
    Glad to see you realised 1200 was a bit low for you!