Treadmill

Options
Those who walk on the treadmill for your primary form of exercise: how often do you walk and how long/miles?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I usually go for 5k but anything more is great. Currently I'm every day but will be cutting down to 3x a week when I'm done my current challenge.
  • jen3frg22
    jen3frg22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I aim to walk on the tradmill 5 or more days a week for 30-45 minutes. I also look to reach 10k steps a day so some days I may have to walk a bit more than that depending on how the day went.
  • August2444
    August2444 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I walk for either 40 or 60 minutes every morning.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I have a walking treadmill desk for my home office, so I get a lot of steps in on that. I usually do at least an hour at a time, sometimes two or 2 1/2 hours. I'm only going about 2 miles an hour, though, while I'm working. It's a great way to multitask, and not sit on my rear while I work! I really wish I could have one in my living room to watch TV, too!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    50 to 90 minutes a day typically (I walk my dog on top of that). Typically 3mph (I think my treadmill is underestimating speed a little) and 3% incline but my legs are always sore.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    30-45 minutes 3-4 days per week, my distance varies each time based on speed and incline usage.
  • pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the trampoline while the offense is on the field.. Makes me feel like part of the team..lol
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today the cheap elliptical was 100 minutes at a sedate pace of 10.5 calories per minute. The most recent time I used the treadmill was last Sunday, I think, when I used it for 6 of 30 minutes each. I wanted to get my diary back to green. My next cardio effort will be on the treadmill, and maybe it will be tomorrow. How long? How long do I need?