Weight Lifting injury?

Options
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this, on Thursday I used my 10lbs weights for the first time, I've been using 5lbs for a while, I followed a back and bicep video that was 30 minutes because it was my first time I didn't want to overdo it. However, I still underestimated the 5lbs difference so for round two I had to get my 5lbs I was so disappointed in myself. Anyway, yesterday was my rest day and I was sore but a normal sore this morning I did one of my HIIT workouts nothing new, and now my right arm hurts like crazy I can barely keep it straight it hurts so much I couldn't even lift a gallon of milk, but left arm is just a normal sore, originally I didn't think anything of it but the difference in soreness is weird plus I couldn't lift a gallon of milk that kinda freaked me out.

Now I'm very aware of the fact that I'm a very paranoid person therefore I don't want to go running to the hospital over a sore muscle, So Im asking people that may have experienced something like this, so is this normal? I just over worked my muscles right?

Also, the pain is worse in my tricep and travels down to my forearm just below my elbow.

Replies

• anyWendy
    anyWendy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pain worse on one side indicates more than just muscle soreness from overuse, you might have pulled a muscle, or sustained another injury that random internet people can't diagnose.

Rest, Ice, consider anti inflammatory meds and elevation. If no improvement, get it evaluated.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Without knowing exactly what happened from A the moment you used the 10's and had to put them down to B after the HIIT workout and C lifting the gallon of milk ...

I might say you have aggravated an already sore arm from your back and bicep workout. It could be a muscle strain, strained tendon or ligament or tendonitis... But nonetheless if you RICE it and it still hurts see your doctor.
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Without knowing exactly what happened from A the moment you used the 10's and had to put them down to B after the HIIT workout and C lifting the gallon of milk ...

I might say you have aggravated an already sore arm from your back and bicep workout. It could be a muscle strain, strained tendon or ligament or tendonitis... But nonetheless if you RICE it and it still hurts see your doctor.
    anyWendy wrote: »
    Pain worse on one side indicates more than just muscle soreness from overuse, you might have pulled a muscle, or sustained another injury that random internet people can't diagnose.

Rest, Ice, consider anti inflammatory meds and elevation. If no improvement, get it evaluated.

Thanks for the advice