What can be achieved in 3 months?

cask16
cask16 Posts: 196 Member
I need a kick in the *kitten* to remind me what could be done in 3 months - when I’m to be a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding with 3 other gorgeous, slim, tall others!

I am currently 152lbs and 5ft4.

I’d love to hear any success stories of what progress others have made over that kind of timeframe please!

Replies

• cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    These are fantastic results ladies well done!
    I don’t have a target lbs to loose by that date, I know I can loose a few and be happy - I just need to be reminded what can be achieved if I put real effort in :)

Longer term I’ll be keeping up the work to get fitter for my 2 yr old :)
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    I lost almost 35lbs in 3 months from May 2017 to August with a lot of cardio...I could have lost 40lbs in that time frame but I was eating out a lot then.

I'm not going to be eating out as much this year so I am hoping I can lose that much or more again these next 3 months. Will be back on April 1st with an update.
  • jtaylor5546
    jtaylor5546 Posts: 28 Member
    Depends on dedication. You could definitely lose 30 pounds if committed. I stay pretty lean so the weight will fall off of me slower than most but I’ve dropped 9 pounds in 30 days. It’d be very difficult and I wouldn’t want to drop 9 more. Go low carb/keto and stick to it and you’ll get there.
  • nataliecg926
    nataliecg926 Posts: 82 Member
    I've only been at this since November 19th so it's been almost a full 2 months and so far I've lost a little over 20 lbs, granted I weigh more than you but I'm not being strict at all (I'll have to clean that up soon lol)

But at that weight you should be able to lose 10-15 lbs if you stick to your calorie goal.
  • Andy10725
    Andy10725 Posts: 68 Member
    A lot can happen in 3 months or nothing at all. Hardest part is to get started. After that, just keep pedalling.
  • CollegeCoach4U
    CollegeCoach4U Posts: 13 Member
    I am in the same place! My daughter is getting married in less than 100 days and I am kicking into high gear!
  • day213
    day213 Posts: 18 Member
    In down 32 lbs in 3 months. I have been incredibly strict with my food and only ate sugar, breads, general unhealthy stuff from Christmas to NYew Years.
  • radbikerchick
    radbikerchick Posts: 39 Member
    I’ve lost about 16 lbs in the past 3 months (at almost 6’ and currently just under 190). Am inching towards my ideal weight, almost there. No one has really noticed yet but I have been traveling so haven’t been around the same groups of people the whole time. I look noticeably skinnier between before and after shots, can certainly feel it, and my pants are getting loose. Haven’t been uber strict with food intake, though have been watching the calories generally, not eating everything at holiday events or at restaurants, and consistently getting exercise. Have had a few ups and downs in progress and a few weeks where it seemed I made little progress. And the first few weeks I was hungrier than I have been since.
  • BackToBikini
    BackToBikini Posts: 10 Member
    I am in the exact same place... Wedding at the end of April and ALL the bridesmaids are literally (not a joke) models... I don't want to become the next meme lmao if you want add me! I am on south beach and down 4 lbs my first week- need to drop 6-10 more by the wedding and keep it off!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    In the last 84 days I've lost 28 lbs on Keto with a calorie deficit and moderate exercise. (Like walking, biking, easy jogging, just 30 minutes here and there.) I started at 191 in October and am currently 163. I'm also 5'4". Your starting weight is much lower than mine is, but you can do a lot in 3 months. Make it fun! Good luck!
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    I did weight more than you but with eating at 1200cal and no exercise i lost 10kg in 3 months. If i wanted the odd treat id go for a walk that day and eat back the calories burned.
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2018
    My sizing is about the same as yours (5'3 & was 152). I'm 50 years old and after a very stressful year, when I went over 150lbs I suddenly got a hiatial hernia & gerd. Well 2 weeks later, I am down to 149lbs and the hernia & gerd are gone. My goal is 120. Every day I practice a calorie deficit. Every time my weight stalls I just lower my carbs & tweak up my exercise a little and it starts moving again. If you don't have a fitbit, it's a good investment at least for me. Good Luck! I think it is doable with commitment and consistency.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!