They are wrong!

Options
I like this app but what ypur weight should be in a few weeks is wrong!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you a) hit your calorie target and b) have calorie target of more than 1200?
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    it is as close as the calories are accurate
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten exactly the same thing, and moved in exactly the same way every day for 5 weeks?
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    I pay zero attention to this average.
    It means nothing!
    Just keep eating at a deficit and take this journey a day at a time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    tell us something we dont know.

it would be right if every single day were EXACTLY like that. but its not. even if you eat the same foods/amounts, every day is NOT the same. we move a different amount, sleep a different amount, exert ourselves different, have different stresses.

its a useless 'feature' that has never been accurate for anyone lololol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options

Yeah, it was never right for me either. I always beat their estimate. I was losing weight faster than than what MFP estimated. :)

But it is a calculation based on whatever you ate and did on that particular day. If every day were exactly like TODAY ...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

At the end of yesterday, mine shows me dropping 13.4 lbs in 5 weeks. But that's because on Saturday's I eat a lot less, and work a lot more on outdoor stuff at home. No other day of the week is like that, so I don't expect to actually lose those 13 lbs so quickly. I actually would not want to, from my current weight!!
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I know it's wrong but I quite like it there.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    It would be helpful if it looked at you entire trend, over time, and proposed where you might be...

Like, I use the Happy Scale app. It is more realistic and provides your future trend based on all your cumulative history. That, you can rely on.

But, just looking at one day, and saying in 5 weeks you’ll be x lbs is pretty nonsensical.

Perhaps not so nonsensical. It's all based on "If every day were like today...". For most people, everyday isn't alike, but that's the logic being used. And if you like the result being proposed, it may actually be an incentive to make tomorrow look like today!!