Waitresses...

Restaurant servers, do you log in work as a calorie burn? I'm tempted to log in all the walking I do waitressing but since I have my settings on an active lifestyle I'm hesitant. Is that already factored in on my settings? Thanks for the input!!

Replies

• speckledbandit
    speckledbandit Posts: 16 Member
    Absolutely not. My body is used to doing that work, so I don't log it. Further, even though we get busy sometimes, the pace that I go at (which is faster than a normal person walking around) doesn't even come close to a fat burning pace.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    I'm a RN. Thats factored into my lifestyle. I feel like if i logged it I'd be cheating
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Since your already set to active, I wouldn't log it. If you set it to sedentary, then maybe I'd log it. Your body is used to that as "normal" activity. That be sorta like me logging "taking care of kids" I am a house wife...heheh :)
  • Okay, thanks for the input!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    if you already have your setting at active, dont count it, you'll just be cheating yourself
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Yeah using the lifestyle adjuster is the reason why you don't have to log all of that activity. That saves you from over or underestimating. If you still feel like you are starving then work out or lower your weight loss per week to get more food in.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    I've been a waitress for a LONG time (my family owns a restaurant) and I was not loosing any weight before I started exercising outside of work. My stupid body is used to all the walking and doesn't count it as exercise, I guess. So, no I never log my working hours as exercise.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Restaurant servers, do you log in work as a calorie burn? I'm tempted to log in all the walking I do waitressing but since I have my settings on an active lifestyle I'm hesitant. Is that already factored in on my settings? Thanks for the input!!

I work in an Italian restaurant as a manager - I wear a pedometer that counts my steps and I count anything over 2 miles when I am at work - the first to miles I don't count. No rhyme or reason, just because. I average about 6-7 miles on a busy night. I have mine set to 'light activity' even though I am also chasing a toddler around all day if I'm not working