Weight loss and dating

Options
2»

Replies

• evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I think you should go for it!! There is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself in the process but I dont think you should wait for the weight to come off. I fell in love with my husband when he was 220lbs (hes also shorter than you!) I still loved him at 270lbs and I feel less fond of him at 198lbs because I dont think hes a good guy. The point it....just dont be a dick. Most women would much rather prefer an awesome and kind guy with a few extra pounds over a guy with a great body that treats her poorly.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I say the feeling of improvement and having something to work with, gets you ahead.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Don't sell yourself short!

I agree that men think that women care a lot more about looks then we actually do. They stereotypical look, "tall, muscular, good hair, chiseled jaw etc" isn't always what people have to have.

I'm dating someone who people never thought I'd date, because we appear totally different. He's 7 years older, shorter than me, overweight, hates working out.... oh, and he was my boss. But, I found out he has this great personality that I love and he pulls me out of my comfort zone to experience new things. So, it works.
  • amanda7040
    amanda7040 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    abbefaria4 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I currently weigh about 214 pounds at 5 foot 9. Obviously, I'm a husky guy. The last time I dated was several years ago before I gained all this weight. I was 185 and in shape. Part of me thinks trying to date would be fun and would help motivate me to keep losing weight. Another part of me thinks I should try and lose the weight first and then start dating again. Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Any one who doesnt find you attractive at your heavyest isnt worth you at your skinnyest.