Weight loss plan for 2018

Options
I have made a list of calories I want to burn off/deficit that will allow me to lose some weight by December this year:

February: 2250

March: 4548

April: 5767

May: 6669

June: 4075

July: 8420

August: 6609

September: 7756

October: 4856

I plan on exercising daily and creating a modest caloric deficit with my eating as well and of course, no emotional eating. I've been "clean" for 3 days :) Today I wanted to go to the gym but my fiance didn't want to go and didn't want me to go by myself but usually we meet up in the evening so in general I am able to work out during the day or for the future on weekends I could exercise before meeting up with him. I definitely have put on a lot of weight, my face looks rounder and people have commented on it and my legs look thicker as well.

I also have goals other than weight such as reading 2 books a month:)

What are everyone's plans for 2018? :)

Replies

• Katherinelittle24
    Katherinelittle24 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My Weight Loss Goals for 2018 is to lose more than 100lbs. I have loss thirty five pounds in a total of nine weeks, so I am sure I can lose a lot more by next December :) I am 365lbs right now. I would like to get to 250lbs by December. It seems kind of crazy to lose that much in a year, but I feel like I may be able to do it. If not, definitely get to under 300lbs. I would like to be able to walk my very first 5k by the end of the year. Right now, its hard for me to walk for more than 15 minutes because I always get this terrible back pain. So, I definitely want to be able to walk for more and longer. I also want to be able to support behind the scenes again at my Buddhist meetings, but in order for that to happen I have to be on my feet for hours and that's nearly impossible for me. These are definitely long term goals but its wonderful to have some goals to motivate you to make by the end of the year :) Keep it up!!!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How did you arrive at those numbers? Weight loss is just about creating a modest calorie deficit. Maybe you should aim to reduce emotional eating - after all, if your goal is to stop it, then any amount of emotional eating means that you have failed, and feeling of failure can set you up for more emotional eating.

Maybe I would have focused on setting firmer boundaries. You can go to the gym alone if you want to, and if anybody comments on your appearance, tell them to stop that.

My plan sounds boring: just do the same as last year. But I'm doing happy things for myself, eating good food, walking, reading, watching interesting TV series, dancing.
  • silkmouse
    silkmouse Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My Weight Loss Goals for 2018 is to lose more than 100lbs. I have loss thirty five pounds in a total of nine weeks, so I am sure I can lose a lot more by next December :) I am 365lbs right now. I would like to get to 250lbs by December. It seems kind of crazy to lose that much in a year, but I feel like I may be able to do it. If not, definitely get to under 300lbs. I would like to be able to walk my very first 5k by the end of the year. Right now, its hard for me to walk for more than 15 minutes because I always get this terrible back pain. So, I definitely want to be able to walk for more and longer. I also want to be able to support behind the scenes again at my Buddhist meetings, but in order for that to happen I have to be on my feet for hours and that's nearly impossible for me. These are definitely long term goals but its wonderful to have some goals to motivate you to make by the end of the year :) Keep it up!!!!!

Wow 100 lb is a lot! Wow that is amazing you lost 35 lb in 9 weeks! That's so much! Walking 5k also sounds like a wonderful goal and hopefully your back will stop bothering you. Helping out at the Buddhist meeting in the future would be awesome as well ^_^ So is your weight loss mainly via food since it is hard for you to exercise at the moment?
  • Girlikecupcake
    Girlikecupcake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is 35-40 pounds- from 5'4 170 to 130-135. Ideally down 20 by May, and the rest by the end of the year. Long term because I'll be using the gym and know that muscle mass will play a good role if I keep things up properly. More realistic, better goal for myself: be happy with how I look and feel again by my 27th birthday.