When to weigh?

Options
2»

Replies

• jtaylor5546
    jtaylor5546 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My weight only fluctuates about 15 pounds between perfectly lean and my heaviest but when I’m in the losing mode like I am now (only 4 pounds to go) I weigh almost daily when I think I’m about to reach a new low...then once I hit it I may not weigh for 3-4 days because I know it’ll be at least that long before I drop another pound especially in these final stages.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

dont be afraid of the scale. its the one friend you have that is telling you the truth.

The scale only tells you PART of the truth. It doesn't tell you your percent body fat. You can easily gain pounds when you add strength training, which is a good thing. It also doesn't tell you anything about various health improvements that come with eating better and getting exercise, such as digestive health, mental health, lower blood pressure, etc.

Also, for many people, weighing too often is part of neurotic behavior patterns that hinders their goals rather then help them. So it isn't so much a matter of being "afraid" of the scale, but learning how to utilize this scientific tool in a way that best fits the scenario you are in.

I like the way you think and agree....stuff eating disorders are made from.
  • vinshyne
    vinshyne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scale every Mondays (1 x a week) wearing same pants and same time to get an accurate result of my overall body weight . Also once a month I also also use the bioelectric impedance weight scale to measure my overall body composition to determine and give me a proper breakdown. Often when you jump on the regular scale and your weight is not reducing there is a chance that you are gaining muscle mass and reducing fat composition that's why the bioelectric impedance scale is highly recommended. I found this interesting article about how often you should weigh yourself, please read and share your thoughts https://tinyurl.com/yanzr3f7
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    vinshyne wrote: »
    I jump on the scale every Mondays (1 x a week) wearing same pants and same time to get an accurate result of my overall body weight . Also once a month I also also use the bioelectric impedance weight scale to measure my overall body composition to determine and give me a proper breakdown. Often when you jump on the regular scale and your weight is not reducing there is a chance that you are gaining muscle mass and reducing fat composition that's why the bioelectric impedance scale is highly recommended. I found this interesting article about how often you should weigh yourself, please read and share your thoughts https://tinyurl.com/yanzr3f7

It’s extremely difficult to gain muscle while you’re losing, and scales are very inaccurate when it comes to body fat percentage
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Morning, naked just before a shower.
  • mamamoobyul
    mamamoobyul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Every 3 days in the morning after peeing and a shower so all the fluids are out of my body. Never weigh yourself after eating and drinking something you will weigh heavier.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. Usually Sunday but sometimes Friday or Saturday if it fits my schedule. I don't have a scale at home. I weigh on a digital scale at my gym
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    morning and evening... just to see the difference over time
  • snapperguts
    snapperguts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We weigh in every morning mainly because we have new Garmin scales and logging is so easy lol
  • sabal20
    sabal20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh every other day. Like PP I know this can fluctuate and that's ok. Unfortunately there's a problem with our scale and haven't weighed for a week, it's been hard.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Every morning after shower and body functions.- naked weight.

Official progress marker is normally Sunday Morning as the weekly marker.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Its a good way to learn about fluctuations, I use my Samsung Health app to track my weight so I see the trends.