Weighing in?

Options
How often should you really weigh yourself? Once a week etc...

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I think I weighed myself about 18 months ago.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I only eyeball my portions and don't count calories, only somewhat estimate. So my weight is the indicator of how my maintenance is going. I eat pretty similar things, so it's only snacking that I adjust based on weight.
  • StarryEyed0
    StarryEyed0 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • jhubb99
    jhubb99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am going to do once a month. I like to see significant change. My weight fluctuates from day to day and I can get discouraged if I don't see any weight loss....:)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    However often works for you. Some people weigh every day; others can't handle the constant fluctuations and will weigh weekly or less. What's more important is that you're doing it in a consistent setting (same time of day, generally first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking, wearing the same amount of clothing).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Depends on your goals which we don't know.

Personally I weigh ever 3-4 days for a month to either lose/gain and then not again for 6-8 months. My goal is strength.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goal, if you are someone who lifts at the gym and wants to lose weight while maintaining muscle, it is much more important to weigh in every day and average it out after 7 days while compare with your previous weeks weight average. But if your goal is just to lose weight without really caring about maintain muscle, then you can weigh yourself once in a while just to see if you are on the right track. As I have said, it all depends on your goal.

In my case, I am lean bulking, so weighing myself everyday is very important, because I don't want to gain only fat and little muscles.
  • Girlikecupcake
    Girlikecupcake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, mainly to just build the habit of keeping up with it. I don't pay much attention to the daily fluctuation, I look more at the trends in the associated app.

If you get anxious or stressed about these things, I'd personally say less often so you're not seeing good/bad numbers as much, and not stressing daily about it. Plus daily fluctuation won't play on you as harshly.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When I wake up feeling thin, and I also have to be in a good place mentally. Usually once or twice a month.
  • 69HealthyMe
    69HealthyMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just dropped to once a month....well trying. I get to obsessed.
  • nadean1980
    nadean1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Right now I am weighing myself once a week. It helps to keep me motivated and accountable. Maybe once I’ve lost the weight I want to lose I’ll weigh myself less. But it’s really up to you
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. Sometimes I feel that is the right thing for me and sometimes I don't. Weighing every day really drives home the fact that the fluctuations ARE normal but sometimes when I step on the scale and I'm a lb or two heavier it is really hard to not let it get me down.