24 hour fasting

Options
Hi!

Anyone else here eating only dinner everyday? Today’s my third day and I’d love to find company.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in this dinner? Hopefully it's at least the default minimum (1200 for women, 1500 for men) so you are getting enough nutrients.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/120682-omad-diet-one-meal-a-day-diet

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people doing it.

As long as you can get your daily calories I see no harm in it.

But what do I know.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Use the search box and type in OMAD

It stands for one meal a day and lot's of people find it helps them keep to their calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    My husband has only eaten one meal a day for as long as I've known him (and we are now grandparents).
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing it for a while, feel free to add me
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've tried OMAD, didn't work well for me nutritionally. I'd be so ravenous by the time I got home from work that I'd just go get 1200-1500 cals of fast food to have for my meal. And obviously a burger and fries aren't really a nutritionally balanced way of eating.

If it works for you, that's awesome! But I feel much better eating 2 meals a day.
  • tasha_998
    tasha_998 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My daughter does this and it's working for her. And my husband . . . he fasts for up to 3 days at a time. :o
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    I only fast for blood tests and colonoscopies. :D:D

Thats what I'm talkin about! That alone is torture!
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I thought about it when I wasn't working, but now that I chase toddlers as my day job, I couldn't imagine surviving on one meal (especially when we have few children and I boredom graze).
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm doing it and I love it! I did intermittent fasting through Christmas, New Years and week long vacation after and I haven't gained a single pound, eating whatever I wanted. Now I'm back to healthier food. I eat only dinner with few snacks, fasting usually for 22 hours. I tend to eat 1200-1300 kcal daily and on Sundays I eat at maintanance. Hunger goes away after few days and now it's really easy to stick with my eating window. Also, my cravings are gone and I sleep better.
    The only downside at the moment is people freaking out if I don't eat breakfast or lunch with them.
    I wouldn't recommend jumping into omad straightaway though. Maybe try skipping one of the meals first using 16-8 routine and gradually expand fasting time if you feel like it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    I only fast for blood tests and colonoscopies. :D:D

Absolutely! It's not something I'd do for fun or weight loss.