Need help getting in more fat and protein

Options
I need more fat and protein into my diet. My carbs are fine. What kinds of foods should I eat for this problem? TIA! :)

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Are you vegetarian or any diet restrictions?

If no - meat (chicken, turkey, pork is higher protein lower fat); fish (salmon is a go to for me); Greek yogurt
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I need more fat and protein into my diet. My carbs are fine. What kinds of foods should I eat for this problem?

A nice thick and well-marbeled grilled ribeye or NY strip steak.

Lots of fat and protein in both but NY strip is my favorite :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Whole milk Greek yogurt
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sardines, tuna, most any kind of raw, unsalted nuts, that you like.
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I personally love cheeses recently. From Babybel and string cheese to Brie - some are better for proteins, other for fats, and all easy to eat as snacks, if you already ate the main meal. I also do shrimps for protein.
  • michellecbrown1976
    Options
    I keep getting too much protein. I eat a turkey patty, chicken breast, and tilapia. They are pretty high. I am like -13 in protein. I hope thats not bad
  • michellecbrown1976
    Options
    Good luck hope my post helped
  • alexspooner1
    alexspooner1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocado, cook with olive oil and/or ghee when sautéing vegetables, fresh mozzarella cheese is really good, simply jif pb or pbfit powder, and my favorite 90% cacao dark chocolate. Good fat and fiber.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I keep getting too much protein. I eat a turkey patty, chicken breast, and tilapia. They are pretty high. I am like -13 in protein. I hope thats not bad

MFPs protein recommendation should be seen as a minimum - eating more is fine, and probably beneficial for someone in a calorie deficit!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I need more fat and protein into my diet.
    How do you know that? What are your nutritional goals, why, and how far off are you?
    My carbs are fine.
    Calories is king. If you get in adequate calories, but you need more fat and protein, you have to reduce carbs intake. If your current way of eating makes it easy to stick to your calorie allowance, and you have no other goals than weightloss and general health, I'd be careful and not rock the boat.
    What kinds of foods should I eat for this problem?
    It's not a problem in the usual meaning of the word - you just have to eat more of the foods that contain more protein and fat - fatty cuts of meat, fatty fish, oils, butter, full fat dairy, nuts, and less carby foods - candy, soda, bread, pasta, rice. If you eat a lot of fruit, you can cut back to 2 or 3 servings per day.