Thoughts on the Elliptical machine?

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of cranking out hours on any machine - the best machine is a boring and inefficient option compared to doing something active not on a machine, and long sessions of steady state cardio don't increase muscle mass much or burn very many calories.

Huh?
    The bold is incorrect. Not all steady state is low intensity and long duration is the way to achieve big burns - if that's really someone's goal.

Yeah, compare the number of people who actually achieve big burns on a cardio machine with the number who come on here complaining that they do an hour of (fill in cardio machine) every day while watching shows or reading and yet never lose any weight. I guarantee if you are able to follow a TV show you are not working all that hard. Most people can't manage long duration at anything higher than low intensity - and the misleading burn information on the machine tempts people to overeat.

There's very little benefit to being a cardio slave. Study after study has shown this.

ive lost 103 pounds and the elliptical is my best friend. i listen to music though. tv kills your brain cells.
  • Lianapugzoe
    Lianapugzoe Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome great job!