Keep coming up negative protein, help!!!

Options
michellecbrown1976
michellecbrown1976 Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I keep coming up like -13 negative in protein, is that really bad? Will I gain? Everytheing else is fine. And I work out. I have chicken breast, tilapia, and turkey patty.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Protein is a minimum goal, don't stress! I actually changed my macros to they were 40%protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs because protein makes me fuller for longer, and carbs can make me dopey.
  • michellecbrown1976
    Options
    Alatariel, Thank you so much! Good luck to you!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The only thing that makes you gain weight is too many calories
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm actually kind of happy when I go above my protein goal. Protein is great for your muscles, hair, nails, skin... it's a very important macro. It's better to be over your protein goal than under.

As @malibu927 said, it's all about calories anyway.
  • misma10
    misma10 Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The current recommendations for protein are low, imo. They were developed for healthy, sedentary individuals. We particularly want to ensure we are consuming enough protein, particularly if the goal is to lose weight, to aid in maintaining as much lean body mass as possible. As long as you still maintained your calorie deficit, I wouldn't be worried.
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem but when I did some research the calculation only gave me 60 grams of protein a day and everything I read said I should have a higher protein goal around 100grams. As long as your calories are under your fine. The negative sign really bugged me so I changed the percentages on the app to reflect my goal.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It's totally ok, don't worry.