Lose the Love-handles

Options
I’m 6’2” and 205 lbs. I’ve always been active and fit, and with the amount of muscle I have, I’m not overweight. I have however put on some Lovehandles in the last year or so. I’d like to focus my workouts and diet on targeting this area. Any advice is great!

Replies

• brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sadly you can't spot reduce fat unless it's surgical.

True. My midsection is where I put on fat first and take it off last - and that's just down to my biology. Right now I'm on a rapid 2-pound cut to get rid of some post-bulk body fat before I go on vacation down south.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Stop doing whatever it is you started doing in the past year, go back to previous workout and eating habits and over time, perhaps a year or so, you'll get back to where you were.

Targeting any part of the body for fat loss, short of liposuction, is not possible on a human. You need to lose fat overall. Usually the first places to gain the extra fat tissue are the last to lose it. There are physiological reasons for why that is.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Sadly you can't spot reduce fat unless it's surgical.

Sadly this. Calorie deficit to lose overall fat.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I lost weight. The love handles disappeared last. Keep losing.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    London423 wrote: »
    Liposuction and any type of fat freezing or burning causes long-term cell hypertrophy and lots of long-term health problems. It isn't magic. http://roguehealthandfitness.com/dangers-of-liposuction/ You can check this out and https://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/weekinreview/01kolata.html, and there is so much more. Liposuction is a dangerous and harmful scam. Short term results do equal the long-term.

Please stop bumping zombie threads with this spam.