Week 1 ~ Team Amazing_Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    water, push ups, and under calorie goal yesterday- couldn't figure out how to finish the food diary for the day from my blackberry...

DeidreJean - that's fine... I got it!! Thanks!!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Early this day!
    Lunges CHECK
    Water CHECK
    1000 Calorie work out CHECK CHECK!!
    :bigsmile:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Taranmisty - glad your daughter is fine and that you are BACK!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! :devil:

Maureendonahue - that's such an AWESOME NSV!!!! I'm so happy for YOU!!! I KNOW that must feel GOOD!!!! :drinker:

You guys are doing an AMAZING, AWESOME, TERRIFIC job of posting your "stats" for me.... Kudos to ALL of YOU!!!! :love:

JUST A FEW REMINDERS....

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a REST DAY.... but don't forget to weight tomorrow (Sunday) morning and post your weight on the thread so we can see how GREAT everybody is doing!! I have to report the weight and all of our other stats to Gary by Monday morning..

We've had 3 people drop from our team this week, so if any of you have any 'friends' that didn't get in on this challenge on another team, there is still time to join - but the absolute DEADLINE is Monday morning... Send me a message if you have someone - ok? It will be first come... yada yada - you know the deal.

Also, don't forget that come Monday morning, I am going to start a NEW forum thread, so don't post anything here .... I'll put the link to the NEW thread here and on my profile so that you can find it easily.....

Each team got some "gravy" points this week due to several people dropping out from alot of the teams (last I heard there were about 25 teams in this challenge)..... but starting Monday... no more "gravy" points!! We gotta DO THIS!!

I'm getting ready to post the challenges for week 2 so that you guys can take a look and view some of the YouTube videos if you want and ask questions if you need to....

Also, I'm going to issue a PERSONAL challenge to all of you on my team - so watch for that for next week too!!!!!!

I think that's it for 'news'..... now go out there and have a GREAT wekend and KEEP KICKING AUGUST'S BEHIND!!
    RAWRRRRR!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within!

These are the Week Two Challenges. These should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If EVERYONE does it, you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team! WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Week Two Weekly TEAM CHALLENGE.

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog over and above their normal walking / running / jogging.

I need each of you to volunteer how much you can/will walk this week. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. Everyone post to the thread, what they will "commit" to for this team challenge.

In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum (here), along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I think I have everybody's stats for yesterday.... I just need a couple of things...

caza - did you get in 8+ glasses of water yesterday (Friday)?
    Kat5343 - did you log and come in under your calorie goal yesterday (Friday) ??

Let me know.....

Thanks guys!!
  • YaY_Me
    YaY_Me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Friday Aug 5th
    I broke even on my cal goal. check
    drank 8 glasses of water...check
    Night Out with a Friend..check
    To many Bud LIghts...check......:smile:
  • YaY_Me
    YaY_Me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Saturday Aug 6th
    Hangover..check
    blood shot eyes...check
    8 glasses of water...check
    No breakfast...check
    Lunch 290 cal lean cuisin..check
    shower...check
    going to have a slice of pizza for dinner, sorry but it sounds good to me
    going to have a diet coke with my slice of pizza...check
    still feeling the effects of lastnight...check....:drinker: ,,,,,,,:sick:
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello there
    Yes i did get my water in, i am now back from holiday and i have changed my diary settings so you will be able to see everything

Thanx
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    35 squat lunges (side and reverse)
    8 glasses of water
    under calorie goal
    C25k
    shopping
    and I am tired!

hugs - song2sing:flowerforyou:
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Saturday 8/6:

Squats -- check (my son told me they'd only count if I used weights, so I used 5 lb weights...after I was done, he said "Just Kidding!!")
    Water -- 14 and counting
    Under calories -- yep, but it was HARD since we had a potluck at the lake with family today!!

Tomorrow's weigh in will be interesting... I was doing really well until I got hit with major sodium yesterday and today :( Hoping for a good result anyways!!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I did 25 push ups, i did 15 man style ones, I used to be in military so i have them pretty well how ever not as many as i used to do, the i did 20 on my knees for the rest and the heck of it! My goal is to get back up to 50 man style push ups again.
    I did my water and i was under my calories goal for the day.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I did 25 push ups, i did 15 man style ones, I used to be in military so i have them pretty well how ever not as many as i used to do, the i did 20 on my knees for the rest and the heck of it! My goal is to get back up to 50 man style push ups again.
    I did my water and i was under my calories goal for the day. And i did 25 squats on a chair forgot to add them sorry.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Today did 25 squat lunges, drank 8 glasses of water, and was under my calories for the day...
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Squat lunges, check.
    Water, check.
    Under calorie goal, check.
    Walked 9.3 miles at the bike path today, check!
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Squat lunges, check.
    Water, check.
    Under calorie goal, check.
    Walked 9.3 miles at the bike path today, check!
    great walk!
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    drinking that last glass of water...
    lunges finished and under calorie goal- weekends are so hard to stay on track!
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks: done
    1 extra mile: done
    50 sit ups: done
    40 ups & downs: done
    25 pushups: done
    25 lunges: done

HELLO WEEKEND!!
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    Squats/Lunges - done!
    Regular exercise - done!
    10 glasses of water!
    Under calorie goal!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Lunges done
    Water done
    Exercise really done! Went to an amusement park today and chased teenagers from ride to ride. No big deal if they just rode the rides in order. But they go from one end of the park to the other and back to do the rides in the order the kids want. I'm exhausted but it was a lot of fun!
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks: done
    1 extra mile: done
    50 sit ups: done
    40 ups & downs: done
    25 pushups: done
    25 lunges: done

HELLO WEEKEND!!

Sorry I was under calorie goal and had my water too!!!